BajaNomad

E-mail on reply? check!

AKgringo - 12-18-2014 at 04:32 PM

When I first started posting on this forum, I usually checked the box for an e-mail on reply. After getting my inbox overwhelmed several times (usually a highjacked thread) I rarely do that now. Lately, even when I do check the box, I get nothing when a reply is posted.
I blundered through what settings I can access and found that I am indeed 'subscribing' to those threads, but get no e-mails.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, G.L.

David K - 12-18-2014 at 05:25 PM

Not sure, as I never have checked the box... If it isn't working, the fastest way to see new activity here is to click on TODAY'S POSTS at the top, and bookmark that link. You will see in one page (or two) all the newest activity from any of the Nomad Baja forums, together... and just click on forums or posts you are interested in.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/today.php

Here's how to see all posts you made: http://forums.bajanomad.com/search.php?srchuname=AKgringo&am...

AKgringo - 12-18-2014 at 06:00 PM

Thanks Dave, that is what I do here at home, but with the limited server capability in Mexico, and almost maxed out processor speed of my travel laptop, I try to keep it simple. Besides that, the concept of "you've got mail!" always appealed to me. Does that make me sound needy and pathetic?
Keep in mind that my techno skills are on the low end of the spectrum.

BajaNomad - 12-18-2014 at 07:15 PM

You probably need to check the spam folder of your email account. The automated system emails are probably ending up there instead of your inbox.

:)

[Edited on 12-19-2014 by BajaNomad]

AKgringo - 12-18-2014 at 07:40 PM

I checked my settings, and no version of baja nomad show up in the blocked senders.
Under safe senders and domains, I find bajanomad@escapist.com, is there some other domain name that should be there?
Nothing baja nomad related has shown up in my junk box.
I like to use the e-mail function when I have asked for information because I check my inbox more often than the forum.

[Edited on 12-19-2014 by AKgringo]