BajaNomad

Very discouraging and disconcerting

unbob - 12-22-2014 at 08:21 PM

Today our moderator/admin apparently determined my post was inappropriate for reasons unknown to me. My post was completely non-political and non-controversial. I made a simple statement that I fear a weak peso may bring unpleasantness to Mexico for all concerned.

Not the first time this has happened - I may just be a lurker in future.

DENNIS - 12-22-2014 at 09:12 PM

Without seeing your post, it just doesn't sound like something Doug would do for no apparent reason. If there's a problem otherwise, I would think he will contact you to straighten things out.

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2014 at 09:24 PM

Doug has erased my posts in the past, but has also been there for me when the artillery has bombarded me as well. I have to tolerate a little criticism when someone also has my back. Adelante!!

Hook - 12-22-2014 at 09:39 PM

I've seen people claim this before.........and it turned out the post was moved. Are you certain yours hasn't just been moved?

He has been moving a lot of posts, lately. In fact, moderation has been so active, lately, that I am wondering if Doug hasn't turned some moderation over to someone else. Normally, he is very hands-off on altering posts.

David K - 12-22-2014 at 10:55 PM

Are you sure it just wasn't moved to the correct forum? Doug doesn't remove posts here (even when he really should!)...

Click on Today's Posts and see if you can find any posts you made in another location.

BajaNomad - 12-23-2014 at 04:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by unbob  
Today our moderator/admin apparently determined my post was inappropriate for reasons unknown to me. My post was completely non-political and non-controversial. I made a simple statement that I fear a weak peso may bring unpleasantness to Mexico for all concerned.

Not the first time this has happened - I may just be a lurker in future.

No post of yours was removed today by the moderator/admin. fyi.

Happy holidays.

:)

BajaBlanca - 12-23-2014 at 06:22 AM

if you try to send 2 posts together in succession, "flooding" rules are activated and the second writing will simply not go thru.

I read ridiculously fast and I also type pretty fast and I have to count a couple minutes between my posts quite often!

Blanca

AKgringo - 12-23-2014 at 09:32 AM

Blanca, I wish I had your problem! You could go make coffee in the time it takes me to post a reply.
That is one of the reasons I don't text or chat on instant message mediums.
How's that coffee?

durrelllrobert - 12-23-2014 at 12:03 PM

Must have forgot to hit the "post new topic" button. When I checked your posts for the past week this one was the only post their.

unbob - 12-23-2014 at 05:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I've seen people claim this before.........and it turned out the post was moved. Are you certain yours hasn't just been moved?
I searched all forums using username and did not find.

Hook - 12-23-2014 at 05:23 PM

Are you sure you even posted it?

unbob - 12-23-2014 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Must have forgot to hit the "post new topic" button. When I checked your posts for the past week this one was the only post their.
What can I say? I saw that I was the last poster on the thread so the message must have been posted.

unbob - 12-23-2014 at 05:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Without seeing your post, it just doesn't sound like something Doug would do for no apparent reason.
Just posted again - let's see what happens.
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=76937&got...