BajaNomad

I'd rather be eating fish tacos...

vgabndo - 12-31-2004 at 02:55 PM

Dec. 31, 2004 Mt. Shasta, California
Happy New Year everyone! Be Safe.

bajajudy - 12-31-2004 at 02:59 PM

Looks like all you could have is Mrs. Pauls.
Stay warm
Happy New Year

since i won't be having baja fish tacos

woody with a view - 12-31-2004 at 03:25 PM

my wife insisted i go get us a couple of lobsters, two ny strip steaks, some fresh mushrooms, a bottle of shiraz, some stilton cheese and crackers for our year- end celebration.

the past year has been VERY, VERY good to us. i couldn't ask for any more and i would like to wish the same for all of you nomadic types. be good to one another.

elizabeth - 12-31-2004 at 03:54 PM

And I thought I was cold!!! I'd rather be eating fish tacos...and be warm.

Happy New Year.

Woody...that sounds great.

vgabndo - 12-31-2004 at 04:31 PM

We too have been fortunate. We ain't rich, and we ain't famous, but we're not much less healthy than when we started '04. Life is uncertain, if I had to take the money out of savings, I'd still be leaving for BCS on the 26th!!! Hmmm, come to think of it, I DO have to take the money out of savings.

We'll have to settle for Dungenus Crabs for dinner. It's a good season. Son grandes and muy sabaroso.

Happy bottle-rocket to you all.
Perry

Gypsy Jan - 12-31-2004 at 05:59 PM

New Year's Eve in Baja Norte...

Lunch at La Querencia (on the TJ-Ens free road, about 2 miles north of Rosarito)

Venison machaca tacos, Oysters on the half shell a la chef, Scallop sashimi, Salmon carpaccio, Hunter's terrine (venison, quail and rabbit with pistachio and pine nuts in the center) served with a pomegranate marmelade and blue cheese, and Tuna filet wrapped with bacon and sage, seared rare and served with a mesquite grilled vegetable mix that included broccoli rabe, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red onions.

Two glasses of Pinot Noir and coffee...

Less than $80

Home before dark and before the rain started and before the party people hit the road...

Priceless.

woody with a view - 12-31-2004 at 06:15 PM

perry-

26th is my wife's b-day. she''ll appreciate the fact that someone is gonna be SMILING all the way south.:spingrin::bounce::biggrin:

jan-

that's what i'll call good eating. everyone deserves to treat themselves to a GREAT culinary experience on occasion.

huh??!! only dos vasos de vin??!!

capt. mike - 12-31-2004 at 06:20 PM

if you're going to open the bottle, finish it ferkriessakes!!

anyway , sounds like a good repast.

"merry new year!" , Eddie Murphy...Trading places....

San Felipe

bajalou - 12-31-2004 at 08:21 PM

This afternoon a few over 120 Baja Nomads and friends and neighbors joined together to demolish 6 turkeys and every kind of trimming you can imagine. Started at about noon and a great time was had by all. From tunaeater's 9 week old son, to Al, one of our 80+ year old desert explorers, there was food, drinks and good conversation for one and all.

I hope everyone that didn't make it for this party has as great a day as we all did,

Her's a li nk (I think) to some pictures I took.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/baja_lou/album?.dir=/1193

and to all - A felice y prospero anuo nuevo.

BajaLou & TeinaToo

ps: Same time next year.

:biggrin:

[Edited on 1-1-2005 by bajalou]