BajaNomad

Rock & Roll in Mulege

willyAirstream - 1-20-2015 at 12:47 PM

This Thursday at Carlo`s Racing bar, north river road, Fast Eddie and The Slow Learners will be playing starting at 5pm. Come early to get a seat, it will be a big event. Dinner will be served.

Gulliver - 1-21-2015 at 06:37 AM

Maybe not crank the amps up quite so for this time. There were guests across the river last week who cancelled additional days at rentals in the Oasis and left because of the sound.

Have fun but there are other people.

Fast Eddie and The Slow Learnerz

toneart - 1-22-2015 at 11:30 AM

Say hello to the guys for me. I was their trumpet player when they first formed and while I was living there. We played rock, lots of blues with jazz overtones, popular songs and Latino. We had a book of Mana (with the accent over the a) and we all sang...in English and Spanish.

By the way, some of them live in Sequim, WA. and still play using the same name. I have visited them there. Mike and Roz (Purple Haze) know them.
-Tony

[file]31581[/file]

willyAirstream - 1-22-2015 at 12:01 PM

Very cool Tony.

Gulliver - I am only the messenger, but I am sure they will stop early, being that they will start at 5. They comply with the Mulege Noise Ordinance. Be thankful that the fireworks guy is in the Philippines.

Sweetwater - 1-22-2015 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  
Say hello to the guys for me. I was their trumpet player when they first formed and while I was living there. We played rock, lots of blues with jazz overtones, popular songs and Latino. We had a book of Mana (with the accent over the a) and we all sang...in English and Spanish.

By the way, some of them live in Sequim, WA. and still play using the same name. I have visited them there. Mike and Roz (Purple Haze) know them.
-Tony

Great photo and remembrance....I say....it's only Rock and Roll.....Turn it UP....:lol:

I'd really enjoy my annual trip to Baja this February/March but the surgeon insists that I spend more time with him so that it works out for next year....enjoy the shows Willy....

Pompano - 1-22-2015 at 01:51 PM

ROCK ON, GUYS!..

.....just remember, I'm a tinnitus patient.
:rolleyes:

Estrella - 1-22-2015 at 02:37 PM

Have a great time! We won't be arriving until Feb 2. Sure hoping this active music scene continues in Mulege!

willyAirstream - 1-22-2015 at 04:20 PM

If you can`t make it tonight, they will be playing at the pig races, February 8th.