BajaNomad

Vagabundos RV park assault

Hooker33 - 1-24-2015 at 09:25 AM

An 80 year old Canadian and long time winter resident in Vagabundos was severely beaten by one or more younger residents for asking them to tone down their noise late at night. He had to spend a night in a local hospital . This is a second hand report as I do not live there. I understand that there is a big drug problem in the park and that may be part of the problem. Not at all what it was when we lived there 15 years ago.

willardguy - 1-24-2015 at 09:29 AM

again, the common denominator.........:(

durrelllrobert - 1-24-2015 at 09:32 AM

Where is the Vagabundos Park? Don't want to go there !

norte - 1-24-2015 at 09:34 AM

Hope this man can get up to the USA and get some good healthcare. Another good reason to stay away from Mexico. Yes I know, you can be beaten to a pulp anywhere.

Get well soon!

Pompano - 1-24-2015 at 09:40 AM

This park is near Cabo, I believe.

willardguy - 1-24-2015 at 09:53 AM

famous for their lobster dinners, this just sucks.....:(

daveyjoans - 1-24-2015 at 10:50 AM

We stayed there for two weeks over Christmas, never saw any kind of drug problem there, nada. Very mellow place, friendly management. Loud music in Mexico, well I believe that, but there must be more to this story. From what we saw there, everyone in that park got along. Dave.

karenintx - 1-24-2015 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I believe you are thinking of Villa Serena restaurant/trailer park.

http://www.villaserenarestaurant.com/

BajaBlanca - 1-24-2015 at 11:48 AM

What a shame. I am guessing that the music makers were on drugs....it is u usual for a viejito to be attacked.

Hoping he gets better soon.

bajajudy - 1-24-2015 at 04:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by karenintx  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I believe you are thinking of Villa Serena restaurant/trailer park.

http://www.villaserenarestaurant.com/

Vags used to have the lobster special too...I believe it was $9.95.....that's how long ago it was.
I have friends who hang out there ocassionally. I will check around to see what is being said.

Bajahowodd - 1-24-2015 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pompano  
This park is near Cabo, I believe.

Just over the bridge North of town.

nobaddays28 - 1-26-2015 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hooker33  
An 80 year old Canadian and long time winter resident in Vagabundos was severely beaten by one or more younger residents for asking them to tone down their noise late at night. He had to spend a night in a local hospital . This is a second hand report as I do not live there. I understand that there is a big drug problem in the park and that may be part of the problem.

This is exactly how rumors start and end up being a huge story in our newspapers up north.

Yes, there was an altercation last weekend between a young American and an 80 year old Canadian over music being played too loud at 2am. He did not spend the night in the hospital, but rather saw a doctor in the morning. Drugs were not the problem, nor is the a "drug problem" in the park. It was simply both parties were at fault, a combination of alcohol and arrogance. The story quickly blew over by mid day. This is a first hand account as I do live here and know those involved.

mtgoat666 - 1-26-2015 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by nobaddays28  
An 80 year old Canadian and long time winter resident in Vagabundos was severely beaten by one or more younger residents for asking them to tone down their noise late at night. He had to spend a night in a local hospital . This is a second hand report as I do not live there. I understand that there is a big drug problem in the park and that may be part of the problem.

This is exactly how rumors start and end up being a huge story in our newspapers up north.

Yes, there was an altercation last weekend between a young American and an 80 year old Canadian over music being played too loud at 2am. He did not spend the night in the hospital, but rather saw a doctor in the morning. Drugs were not the problem, nor is the a "drug problem" in the park. It was simply both parties were at fault, a combination of alcohol and arrogance. The story quickly blew over by mid day. This is a first hand account as I do live here and know those involved.

So the story is as follows? Young American gets drunk and plays loud music until past 2 am. Clocks 80 year old man who dares to complain about noise. Verdad?

daveyjoans - 1-26-2015 at 08:16 AM

Thanks Nobaddays, we love that RV park, and we knew there was no drug problem there. Thanks for setting the record straight.

[Edited on 1-26-2015 by daveyjoans]

bajaguy - 1-26-2015 at 08:46 AM

A "young guy" hitting an 80 year old???......no excuse for that.

The "young guy" should have walked away even if the 80 year old was the aggressor

If the young guy was the aggressor he should be in jail

And why was the park management allowing the loud music???

[Edited on 1-26-2015 by bajaguy]

elgatoloco - 1-26-2015 at 10:16 AM

Alcohol is a drug. :saint:

Just saying.

willardguy - 1-26-2015 at 10:34 AM

:no: to be honest the last time I was there lobster dinners WERE $9.95 and drugs were rampant. I mean everywhere. Geritol and Doans pills were being passed around like candy.......

pangamadness - 1-27-2015 at 09:09 PM

Drove by the old vagabundos today? By the go cart place, it is closed, right?

bajajudy - 1-28-2015 at 07:45 AM

[rquote=960545&tid=77359&author=nobaddays28][rquote=960169&tid=77359&author=Hooker33]An 80 year old Canadian and long time winter resident in Vagabundos was severely beaten by one or more younger residents for asking them to tone down their noise late at night. He had to spend a night in a local hospital . This is a second hand report as I do not live there. I understand that there is a big drug problem in the park and that may be part of the problem. [/rquote]

Yes, there was an altercation last weekend between a young American and an 80 year old Canadian over music being played too loud at 2am. He did not spend the night in the hospital, but rather saw a doctor in the morning. Drugs were not the problem, nor is the a "drug problem" in the park. It was simply both parties were at fault, a combination of alcohol and arrogance. The story quickly blew over by mid day. This is a first hand account as I do live here and know those involved. [/quote]

THANK YOU

DENNIS - 1-28-2015 at 07:58 AM

That drunk kid needs his butt kicked. Save a little for the management.

bajalearner - 1-28-2015 at 08:33 AM

Oh, someone with first hand knowledge. Yeah but!!! It was probably due to drugs, cartels, race, gangs, youth, gender, sexual preference, nationality or family history. I know it has to be more because I once heard something bad from my cousins brother in laws' mailman ( and he was a middle aged white guy, just like you and me, so you know it's true)

Probably that damn rock and roll music. Everyone who listens to that is... :mad:

durrelllrobert - 1-28-2015 at 08:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalearner  

Oh, someone with first hand knowledge. Yeah but!!! It was probably due to drugs, cartels, race, gangs, youth, gender, sexual preference, nationality or family history. I know it has to be more because I once heard something bad from my cousins brother in laws' mailman ( and he was a middle aged white guy, just like you and me, so you know it's true)

Probably that damn rock and roll music. Everyone who listens to that is... :mad:

What a coincidence. Your cousins brother in laws' mailman happens to be my aunt step-neighbor in-law and she's Canadian and never wrong. :lol:

pangamadness - 1-28-2015 at 09:20 PM

Wtf your the longest winded bastards I ever did read. I spent a lot of time at Vagabundos in the 90s & the last time was around 2008 or 9 and the Vagabundos I knew in Cabo is closed. I drove by it yesterday on the way to the airport. I couldn't tell about El Arco, I saw the sign for the other RV park ( La Sarina)? I did not see any thing about Vagabundos on that sign?
Can anyone explain? There were some good fisherman there back then, Brad ( Cabo 10), Hatchmo, Terry Scott, and Dan,(Croker) and Nacho the manager of the park.

Now I am a long winded bastard!

BajaRat - 1-28-2015 at 09:31 PM

Nice first hand report to quell the mill, thanks hope all goes well.

Sweetwater - 1-29-2015 at 12:28 PM

I've gotta comment that it sounds pretty one sided....where I come from, a confrontation between a 20 year old and an 80 year old will result in assault charges unless the 80 year old threatens with a weapon. What was resolved by mid-day? Before or after the doctors visit....

proneman - 1-29-2015 at 03:07 PM

I just stopped in Vagabundos and talked with Julian who manages the place. He was amused that I had heard about the incident and I told him about Baja Nomad. He said the old guy should have talked with the security guard about the noise and let him handle it.....I guess I agree with him on that....
roger

norte - 1-29-2015 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by proneman  

I just stopped in Vagabundos and talked with Julian who manages the place. He was amused that I had heard about the incident and I told him about Baja Nomad. He said the old guy should have talked with the security guard about the noise and let him handle it.....I guess I agree with him on that....

roger

Amused? What is amusing about an 80 year old being beaten by a 20 year old.

(edited to put response outside quotes so people do not get upset and attack.)

[Edited on 1-29-2015 by norte]

proneman - 1-29-2015 at 05:02 PM

Well Norte....read what I wrote.....amused that I had heard about the incident....not about the incident itself!!

norte - 1-29-2015 at 06:36 PM

Well Norte....read what I wrote.....amused that I had heard about the incident....not about the incident itself!!

Well, I did read it. And I believe the "amusing" comment was meant to down play the sevent. Which I did not find all that amusing myself. To each their own.

bajabuddha - 1-29-2015 at 06:47 PM

First off, it was Julian the manager who was 'amused'. I personally am amused by two things; first, this thread went two pages before identifying the park by name and the actual incident. Second, the fact that a bunch of old women with testicles gossip back and forth about such a 'travesty' without facts, and take umbrage and offense at levity.

The old fart was probably a retired marine or former tough guy with maybe a little tequila on board himself that tried to relive the toughness of his youth, AND LOST. To all the nay-sayers, just remember YOU WEREN'T THERE.. and there's two sides to this. Yes, I agree, no reason for a young punk to smack a geezer. Couldn't agree more. We've all run into 'Music Masters', those wonderful young'uns who have been ordained to be on this world to introduce everyone else of their own special brand of music; it's their calling. And, we've wanted to bash their idiot boxes over their heads. Sounds to me like the ol' phart tried, and got tagged. End of story.

What the pizzer is, the Park management should have already had the situation in hand, and/or Mr. Geezer should've let that happen.

C'mon vags, lighten up.

Pompano - 1-29-2015 at 07:14 PM

Reminds me of a guy at San Nicolas..or was it San Sebastian? Anyway, it was long ago and this non-bashful person asked the loud music next door to be turned down...Did that twice and when met with derision and insulting remarks, he went home, brought back his double 12 ga. and blew the music player to smithereens. Solved the problem ...from his point of view.

Of course, he had to leave the country rather hurriedly....:)

p.s. I wish I wasn't reminded of so many things. Makes me feel like Methuselah.

[Edited on 1-30-2015 by Pompano]

LancairDriver - 1-29-2015 at 07:50 PM

So now another one of the "old women with testicles" has speculated that the old fart was probably a retired Marine or former tough guy trying to relive the toughness of his youth. This of course is based on solid facts, not gossip. :biggrin:Strange, I missed any mention of the elderly gentleman doing anything physical other than complaining about the noise.

shari - 1-29-2015 at 08:11 PM

roger

this is a very VERY important point to understand here in Mexico...it is usually best to let the authorities deal with problems or as stated, the security guy or owner. Many people dont realize that in this country it is illegal to argue in public and can result in a fine...even for the person who didnt start it...but argued back....Just sayin....