BajaNomad

border wait time

nbacc - 1-24-2015 at 08:32 PM

the app on my phone always says around 10 min for the border wait for the East crossing. I doubt if it is updated very often. Can this be true? If so things have changed big time in the last couple of months. Anyone who has been through it in the last couple of weeks? Nancy

BajaNomad - 1-24-2015 at 09:48 PM

The better of the smartphone apps (at least those I know of) update every hour from information off the CBP website.

CBP even has their own Android app now - one of the better ones IMHO.

Here's the CBP Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.dhs.cbp.be...

And another one that's been mentioned/highlighted previously in a thread from a couple of years ago or so:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.calit2.por...

And yes, border wait times have lessened considerably in the past few months.

[Edited on 1-25-2015 by BajaNomad]

nbacc - 1-25-2015 at 06:41 AM

Thanks

phoenix2121 - 1-27-2015 at 09:38 AM

20 minutes yesterday at 10am in the Ready Lane.

The only time I've waited more than 30 minutes (6-7 crossings since Thanksgiving) was on a Saturday when I had a friend w/ the book passport that couldn't use the Ready Lane (and it was Saturday... double uggh).

MitchMan - 1-27-2015 at 10:19 AM

Are you guys talking about San Ysidro crossing? For the last year, I have been walking across the border (both ways to and from Baja) using the Otay Mesa crossing and almost no one has to wait very long in or out of Baja on foot.

During construction at San Ysidro crossing, if you crossed into Baja on foot, you were re-routed and had to start out on the left side and then walk over the bridge to the west side...much longer walk and much more time consuming (not to mention the increased effort while carrying weighty/bulky luggage) than before the construction started. Haven't crossed there by foot into Baja since over a year ago since construction started, so I was just wondering if the re-rout and long walk over the bridge is still the case at San Ysidro crossing today???

vgabndo - 1-27-2015 at 05:58 PM

I'll be crossing north Saturday about mid day. What is my best bet...San Ysidro or Tecate. I have no special cards. Sorry if this is a highjack.

BajaNomad - 1-27-2015 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MitchMan  
I was just wondering if the re-rout and long walk over the bridge is still the case at San Ysidro crossing today???

The pedestrian crossing from San Ysidro into Tijuana remains the same, on the east side of Interstate 5 near the Trolley termination point.

DENNIS - 1-28-2015 at 06:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MitchMan  
Are you guys talking about San Ysidro crossing? For the last year, I have been walking across the border (both ways to and from Baja) using the Otay Mesa crossing and almost no one has to wait very long in or out of Baja on foot.

I was at the Sentri office yesterday morning, 8:00 AM, and the foot traffic coming out of Mex was like they didn't check anybody. People were coming through in big numbers quickly.

Desertbull - 1-28-2015 at 07:28 AM

1 car in front of me on Monday morning at Calexico East