BajaNomad

Well, due to all the traffic here Saturday...

BajaNomad - 8-31-2003 at 12:03 AM

... I've already begun the migration to another server to handle the traffic and disk space that'll be required.

I'll update the transition through the Announcements forum as information becomes available.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

Bajabus - 8-31-2003 at 06:34 AM

Thanks for all your work on labor day weekend. Much appreciated.

BajaNomad - 8-31-2003 at 01:45 PM

fyi...

Yes, we did lose most of the postings and new member signups from Saturday Aug. 30 '03.

The database was corrupted yesterday evening, and I had to restore from the previous night's backup.

Everything seems OK

Mike Humfreville - 9-1-2003 at 01:37 PM

Doug,

I've accessed nomads many times this last few days and it has always behaved the same, opens and updates quickly, etc.

While I certainly don't speak for anyone other than myself, it does look like many of the Amigos frequent posters are joining bajanomads. I don't know all the other Baja boards, but most of them are getting far less trafic than here. It would sure be nice if we re-collect in one location. I also hope that concept is in line with your intentions for the board and that we don't overwhelm the folks that were here before us.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Mike

JESSE - 9-3-2003 at 09:55 PM

Gracias Sr Nomada.

Amigos

Dave Baldwin - 9-15-2003 at 01:13 AM

Another ex-amigo of Earls forlornly looking for a new home. Is this it? I don't know yet, but Mike Humfreville's letter was as touching a note as I gave read in the last couple of years. If this is where he has landed then I will follow alomg.

Bless you Earl, you will sure be missed!!

Dave of Oasis rio Baja

Dave Baldwin

Bruce R Leech - 10-11-2004 at 01:16 PM

welcom Dave Baldwin this seems to be the best foram in Baja Bruce

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by Bruce R Leech]