BajaNomad

Feb whale census: record numbers seen off SoCal, heading south

Whale-ista - 2-8-2015 at 12:22 PM

Gray Whales Spotted in Record Numbers

This is a very good article, with interesting photos. But despite many attempts, I cannot post the text of the article- not sure what's blocking it. I've tried re-formatting the text etc. to no avail.

If someone else wants to try- thank you!

shari - 2-9-2015 at 04:54 PM

the last census on Feb.3 counted 2,022 whales in Ojo de Liebre!!!! a record for this early I think...it is a zoo out there...hahahaha...the canals are soooo full of whales it is like a traffic jam with whales nearly colliding everywhere...really crazy. We are at our base camp now in Palapa #2 so only check the internet every few days....definitely in my happy place!!!

Whale-ista - 2-9-2015 at 06:02 PM

Yay! The more the merrier!
All these whales have made me decide to schedule another trip.

I'll U2U you with details, see you soon!

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
the last census on Feb.3 counted 2,022 whales in Ojo de Liebre!!!! a record for this early I think...it is a zoo out there...hahahaha...the canals are soooo full of whales it is like a traffic jam with whales nearly colliding everywhere...really crazy. We are at our base camp now in Palapa #2 so only check the internet every few days....definitely in my happy place!!!

Tomas Tierra - 2-9-2015 at 06:16 PM

We saw a solid number of Greys off the coast of Ventura county on Friday/Saturday camping on the beach... Moving South quickly! They are missing the party!

TT

shari - 2-11-2015 at 06:11 PM

it has been fantastic at the lagoon the last week....gorgeous summer weather...swimming in the lagoon and frolicking with whales...we are 3 for 3 the last trips for whale contact!

BajaDanD - 2-12-2015 at 09:13 AM

Jen, Bella and I will see you on the 1st of March should be arriving around 5:00pm