BajaNomad

Baja slide show for a club or group of amigos?

Graham - 2-20-2015 at 09:59 PM

I'll be heading down Highway 1 to Los Cabos and giving a few book signings and slide shows along the way.

Departing San Diego about Feb 26. Will be in Todos Santos March 4, and San Jose del Cabo March 7... and back to LA Bay museum for lecture March 11.

Would be very happy to give any other presentations about my books and Baja adventures on the way down or back.

Or just sign old copies of Into a Desert Place or share a beer with a Nomad or two.

U2U me or email - bajadetour@aol.com

Thanks,

Graham Mackintosh

David K - 2-21-2015 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Graham  
I'll be heading down Highway 1 to Los Cabos and giving a few book signings and slide shows along the way.

Departing San Diego about Feb 26. Will be in Todos Santos March 4, and San Jose del Cabo March 7... and back to LA Bay museum for lecture March 11.

Would be very happy to give any other presentations about my books and Baja adventures on the way down or back.

Or just sign old copies of Into a Desert Place or share a beer with a Nomad or two.

U2U me or email - bajadetour@aol.com

Thanks,

Graham Mackintosh

Have a great trip Graham, and I hope there are folks along the way who will have the opportunity to meet you and see your presentation... it SHOULD NOT be missed!

Here's a look back 12 years ago to my Viva Baja #4 party (Feb. 1, 2003) when you had just two great books to sign:

BajaBlanca - 2-21-2015 at 01:20 PM

well, come on by LA BOCANA way to share a story and a beer on the front porch! We now have very competitive prices - it would be lovely to meet you and show you our neck of the woods!

David K - 2-21-2015 at 02:40 PM

It will look different than when he walked by the the early 1980's during his 3,000 mile Baja coast walk!

Graham - 2-21-2015 at 11:05 PM

Thanks for the memories David... hard to believe that was a dozen years ago.

And Blanca if I can possibly get out to La Bocana I'll be there. Your hotel looks awesome... and what a deal... thanks for the invite.

Graham

Mulege welcomes you, of course

Mulegena - 2-22-2015 at 03:29 PM

Please plan to spend some time here, Graham.

Graham - 2-23-2015 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Mulegena,

Always love coming to one of my favorite spots on earth. Many great memories and I've enjoyed giving many slide shows over the years, including at the Jungle, Serenidad, Hacienda, Santispac and Burro.

I'll be passing through on way down and back from Cabo, so if anyone wants to host a show in town, I'm willing. Or even to stop for a beer and chat.

I'm having breakfast just now with Jean Pierre in California, having fun shooting the bull about the good old days at the Hacienda.

Mulegena - 2-23-2015 at 05:12 PM

Graham, see your u2u please. Thanx.

Katiejay99 - 2-25-2015 at 05:32 PM

Hi Graham: Where will you be in Todos Santos on the 4th of March? I would love to meet you.

Graham - 2-26-2015 at 08:44 AM

Katie, I'll be at the TS bookstore on the 4th, and maybe also giving a slideshow in town while I'm there. Be great to meet you. I'm leaving today but I'll post details somewhere on the way down. Will probably be in Mulege Saturday and Loreto Sunday and Monday, TS on March 3. You might spot the red head.

DianaT - 2-26-2015 at 09:08 AM

So happy that you are going to visit the Old Men --- that will be GREAT

Graham - 2-26-2015 at 09:58 AM

It will be an interesting challenge... looking forward to it. I'll adapt my show a little for them... who knows, I might have gone fishing with them 30 years ago, or met their families as I walked by in 1983.

David K - 2-26-2015 at 05:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Graham  
It will be an interesting challenge... looking forward to it. I'll adapt my show a little for them... who knows, I might have gone fishing with them 30 years ago, or met their families as I walked by in 1983.

My former in-laws (Dutch couple Willem and Jackie) enjoyed the time they invited you out with them fishing on their boat during your walk around Baja in the early 1980's. In 1990, their grand daughter (my Sarah) was born the day after my very pregnant wife and I saw your slide show in a Solana Beach bookstore!

Good memories with Graham Mackintosh... Baja is a 'labor' of love!

Katiejay99 - 2-26-2015 at 06:24 PM

Hi Graham. I will stop in and see you at the Bookstore. I look forward to it.

The 3rd is a Tuesday and it seems like all of the "good" places are closed on Tuesdays but Chill n Grill is open and it sits behind the Pemex 1 block on the right. Look for all the cars parked beside the road. It is a restaurant and bar and they have excellent Ribs, steaks or burgers. Tuesday is "Taco Tuesday" with open mic night. Sometimes people play and sometimes not.

Edit to say that the full menu is available Tuesdays, not just Tacos

[Edited on 2-27-2015 by Katiejay99]

Graham - 2-28-2015 at 03:43 PM

I'm given a slide show at the Wine Bar in Nopolo, Loreto on Monday 2, at 6 PM... then on to Todos Santos.

Thanks for the suggestions Katie. See you at the book store.

bajajudy - 2-28-2015 at 04:40 PM

On March 7 Graham will be at the Mercado Organico in San Jose in our booth from 11am to 12:30 signing books. Unfortunately the venue doesn't lend itself to slide shows but please stop by to talk with Graham.
Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

David K - 2-28-2015 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajajudy  
On March 7 Graham will be at the Mercado Organico in San Jose in our booth from 11am to 12:30 signing books. Unfortunately the venue doesn't lend itself to slide shows but please stop by to talk with Graham.
Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Wonderful!

bajajudy - 3-3-2015 at 08:01 AM

Bump
Mercado Organico this Saturday 11-12:30
Graham book signing in Baja Books and Maps booth

Katiejay99 - 3-4-2015 at 08:26 PM

Hey Graham: It was GREAT to meet you today! I look forward to the slide show Friday at La Esquina.

bajajudy - 3-7-2015 at 07:08 AM

Bump
Today at organic market in San Jose
11-12:30
Book signing

bajajudy - 3-7-2015 at 02:51 PM

We had a great turnout today.
Graham is on his ways to Mulege.
Heads up for you Mulegenas

shari - 3-9-2015 at 03:05 PM

How about a little ditty at the lagoon on March 10th, 12th or 13th as we will have a good group there then?

Graham - 3-10-2015 at 11:05 AM

Shari, would have loved to come out and meet the group; your groups are always good, and so much fun. But will probably make it to LA Bay tonight, ready for a slide show at the museum tomorrow, March 11. Thanks for the thought. Graham

Paulina - 3-10-2015 at 08:32 PM

Graham,

We won't be pulling into Bahia until Sunday, sorry to miss your presentation at the museum. What are your plans from tomorrow, March 11th, on out? Just curious.

P>*)))>{

Graham - 3-11-2015 at 01:59 PM

Paulina, sorry looks like I'll miss you. Museum show tonight at 5 pm then looks like I have a couple of "rest" days to enjoy Bahia, probably hiking in the hills if it's not too hot. Then maybe on for a couple of weekend events around San Quintin before crossing border on Monday.

Martyman - 3-11-2015 at 02:09 PM

Graham do you ever do any talks up in NorCal?

shari - 3-11-2015 at 03:41 PM

our group is still at the lagoon and in GN on March 12th if ya want to come but some rest days sound pretty darn nice too....enjoy amigo

Estrella - 3-11-2015 at 03:45 PM

Ditto about talks up North?

Graham - 3-12-2015 at 01:29 PM

I'm long overdue for a book tour of N. California and points on the way up from San Diego. If I can string together enough events I'd definitely consider it... last one was back in 1995 when the paperback edition of Into a Desert Place was published. Toured the Bay Area and on to Portland.

Shari, got to head to the border, but will be back next week to hopefully hug a whale or two.