BajaNomad

La Paz Boat Trailers

Tod - 2-22-2015 at 04:28 PM

Just curious....is there a trailer place in La Paz that builds or services reliable, galvanized trailers. My buddy's Gregor has a barely there painted trailer that has been in Mexico for 20 years. I am not really sure how it stays together.

Lengua - 2-22-2015 at 09:13 PM

Tod , will be there in two weeks and am getting my trailer bearings and brakes worked on - completes bearing set on 4 wheels and brake pads.

Happy to share experience

Shoot me a u2u and I'll respond

gnukid - 2-22-2015 at 09:49 PM

Near the bay, on Sonora between Rangel and Abasolo next to the Tecate store is Trailer rebuild shop, they can weld frames but are not experts in brakes and electronics. There are brakes and electronics shops nearby, don't confuse the two.

Hola Tod

captkw - 2-23-2015 at 08:33 AM

the problem in mex/Baja is finding a guy that understands and can order the correct double lip boat trailer seals..Hell,, I see it all the time in the USA were a guy go goes to a tire/repair shop and gets the Wrong tires and the wrong seals on the trailer...A boat trailer must use a double lipped seal and can be a b-tch to find NOB let alone in mex !!!! also the right grease and to install with grease between the seal's lips...Very Important !! wish Ya luck.....Keith & the famous lil Tasha