BajaNomad

San Diego to La Paz (La Ventana) 4/13

IslandAngler - 2-22-2015 at 06:33 PM

Heading down South once again. Thinking about leaving San Diego on April 13th. Have done this trip a few times without a care. Probably make it to Guerrero Negro for first night layover. Then to La Paz the following day. Pretty much a straight shot. I will stay on the East Cape for around 6 weeks fishing and diving.

BajaBlanca - 2-23-2015 at 08:18 PM

Unless you are in a hurry - why not take in some of the off the beaten path towns? campo rene -punta abreojos -la bocana

I am biased but these locales are pretty cool. We love meeting up with bajanomads.

IslandAngler - 2-24-2015 at 08:27 AM

I kind of am in a hurry. I would love take a week to drive down one of these years. But that's just not in the cards. I will have plenty of time to explore once I have arrived. You know what they say, "Time and Tide wait for no Man". I don't want to miss a fishing opportunity that only comes once a year. It's all about the fishing for me, and timing is everything. I don't want to hear, "You should have been here yesterday".

IslandAngler - 3-12-2015 at 08:01 PM

Just a month to go till I start south. Thinking about being at the San Ysidro border crossing at 6:00 AM 4/13. May ever shoot for Sunday the 12th. :cool:

IslandAngler - 4-3-2015 at 09:52 PM

Gettin' Ready. Can't wait to leave. Going to cross San Ysidro, Sunday, 4/12 gray light. Hope to make Guerrero Negro, and the Malarrimo Hotel, for the first night. Then on to La Ventana, on day 2. Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'.....

BajaBlanca - 4-4-2015 at 09:59 AM

Beautiful day here today - you must be getting very excited about your trip! We had some guests from La Ventana recently who told us it was MUCHO crowded this year and tempers were testy.

Have fun.

IslandAngler - 4-4-2015 at 09:14 PM

Do Tell... I hear all those Testy Tempers with blow away after Easter. I will be there at the perfect time. I love Punta Arena de La Ventana. :wow::wow::wow:

laventana - 7-24-2015 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Beautiful day here today - you must be getting very excited about your trip! We had some guests from La Ventana recently who told us it was MUCHO crowded this year and tempers were testy.

Have fun.

Even at this point I would love to hear about it, considering I did not hear about it and I live here. I am second property just north of the crowded campground where I presume the tempers may have rose.

There are many other places to camp where there is no-one in the area. But everyone wants to be in the thick of things i supose. So lets hear about the 1 month where that campground is full.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 7-24-2015 at 02:57 PM

Hola IslandAngler,

please pardon my curiosity but what fishing opportunity that only comes once a year ?

the only annual event in march/april time frame that i am aware of is the pargo spawn of which i have heard the water just turns red from spawning pargo.

are you fishing on a panga ? if so, if you do not have any numbers, i have a couple of pangeros in las arenas/muertos bay that are less expensive than any outfitters as i book directly. send me u2u if you are interested.

BIENB SALUD, DA RAT