BajaNomad

Doug, I'm not understanding your administration.

Cisco - 3-4-2015 at 10:43 PM

Why was "BIRDS (Woodpecker - life and death struggle)" moved to OT.

I have had several posts moved and I see no reason for this one, (as one example) to be moved from our general readership.

Please explain, new rules???

Cisco - 3-4-2015 at 11:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Just a hunch, because after Doug, I have been on here the longest... and I like helping people understand, so here is what I see:

If it was on any of the Baja subject forums:

Because it had nothing to do with Baja and it had nothing to do with any Baja Nomads...?

That's my guess, if you want some idea (until or if Doug responds).

Thanks David.

Doesn't make sense though. The Crows post was in the same category and pull 600+ hits I believe and a lively discussion about crows. Baja had nothing to do with that either.

That was the reason for my comment, things get changed without explanation.

David K - 3-5-2015 at 12:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  
Just a hunch, because after Doug, I have been on here the longest... and I like helping people understand, so here is what I see:

Because it had nothing to do with Baja and it had nothing to do with any Baja Nomads...?

Thanks David.

Doesn't make sense though. The Crows post was in the same category and pull 600+ hits I believe and a lively discussion about crows. Baja had nothing to do with that either.

Right, and I see your point... but it is Doug's baby, and it is the #1 Baja forum, none other come close... so, as the administrator, he can delete or move any post he wants. Crows or Ravens live in Baja, and we see or hear them all the time in the desert. Maybe that's the difference?

DENNIS - 3-5-2015 at 07:02 AM

Just to hold you over till Doug has time to answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IspGyvZrhw0

SFandH - 3-5-2015 at 07:17 AM

Now that the OFF-TOPIC posts show up on the "Today's Posts" page, they are more integrated into the message board resulting in the same visibility as the rest of the threads. IMHO a good move on Doug's part. Apparently the move is making the OFF-TOPIC thread less toxic. I hope it results in a broader range of off topic posts.

mtgoat666 - 3-5-2015 at 08:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  

Thanks David.

Right, and I see your point... but it is Doug's baby, and it is the #1 Baja forum, none other come close... so, as the administrator, he can delete or move any post he wants. Crows or Ravens live in Baja, and we see or hear them all the time in the desert. Maybe that's the difference?

Your ignorance of baja is astounding. There are woodpeckers in baja. Lots. Venture off dirt island and open your eyes!

Tomas Tierra - 3-5-2015 at 09:13 AM

"Carpintero" = woodpecker..

Lots of them in the interior of Baja

ncampion - 3-5-2015 at 09:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Your ignorance of baja is astounding. There are woodpeckers in baja. Lots. Venture off dirt island and open your eyes!

No need for such a vicious personal attack for a simple misstatement. This is a message board, not a "vendetta" board.

David K - 3-5-2015 at 10:23 AM

I didn't mean to sound like I was a woodpecker expert in any way... Of course they are in Baja, just as they are here in San Diego County... I used to hear them tapping away when I lived near Escondido. The border doesn't stop birds from crossing south. However, since most of us are more familiar with the desert region or pass through the desert going to Baja Sur, ravens are the birds we see there, not woodpeckers. I was just offering a "maybe why" for Cisco... that's all.

edit: and that is not saying they are not in the desert or Baja Sur, it just isn't a species we see regularly or daily like ravens and vultures... I am sure BigOly has photos of woodpeckers in Baja Sur!

[Edited on 3-5-2015 by David K]

Don't know if this falls under the OT topic or not, but...

durrelllrobert - 3-5-2015 at 10:31 AM

I didn't mean to sound like I was a woodpecker expert in any way... Of course they are in Baja, just as they are here in San Diego County... I used to hear them tapping away when I lived near Escondido. The border doesn't stop birds from crossing south. However, since most of us are more familiar with the desert region or pass through the desert going to Baja Sur, ravens are the birds we see there, not woodpeckers. I was just offering a "maybe why" for Cisco... that's all.

edit: and that is not saying they are not in the desert or Baja Sur, it just isn't a species we see regularly or daily like ravens and vultures... I am sure BigOly has photos of woodpeckers in Baja Sur!

[Edited on 3-5-2015 by David K]
.. even though this is not a woodpecker or a raven it is the Baja Sur state bird:

David K - 3-5-2015 at 10:54 AM

:light::bounce::biggrin:

Bajaboy - 3-5-2015 at 11:23 AM

Shouldn't this be in off topic:light: