BajaNomad

signage near Todos Santos

pauldavidmena - 3-8-2015 at 10:42 PM

I've seen the saying below in and around Todos Santos on the side of various buildings, always in the same black lettering on yellow background with red trim.

En BCS tambien
esta ni Empieza.

I *think* it means something like "in BCS we've only just begun", but I'm not sure about the context. Has anyone else seen this?

[Edited on 3-9-2015 by pauldavidmena]

baja Steve - 3-9-2015 at 12:56 AM

WHAT

pauldavidmena - 3-9-2015 at 04:01 AM

For some reason I'm unable to write the word "tambien" with an accented "e". Apparently that kept the original post from showing up.

bacquito - 3-9-2015 at 07:02 AM

I think it says "in Baja Su also it has not begun"

David K - 3-9-2015 at 07:45 AM

No Spanish letters (any accent marks, n with tilde over it, u with two dots over it) will post (well none of the post will show if those letters are in it)... UNTIL the host of this site corrects the software glitch.

Also pasting from Word or other sites may not work if there are any apostrophes or quotation marks.

tiotomasbcs - 3-9-2015 at 02:54 PM

Yes, Sr PD, there are a few versions of this uplifting message that Odile kicked our burros but we are strong and coming back! I'll try to note the others a respond in a few days. Nice message, verdad? Tio

pauldavidmena - 3-10-2015 at 06:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
I've seen the saying below in and around Todos Santos on the side of various buildings, always in the same black lettering on yellow background with red trim.

En BCS tambien
esta ni Empieza.

Political graffiti for Tony Agundez Monta~no (TAMbien). Get ready for a lot more of that garbage with elections coming up.

I just found this article about the politician you mentioned, and that is the exact sort of signage I saw.