BajaNomad

JR, Whats up?

Me No - 1-5-2005 at 06:05 PM

JR and I caravaned south Christmas Eve to Catavina, and then Christmas day to Mulege. Culminted by a fantastic Christmas dinner at the Serenidad. We then spent 3 great days there in the hospitality of the wonderful Mrs. Germanicus and husband.:bounce:

We parted ways the 28th with a fresh weld on the truck hauler and well wishes all around. Sickness and driving of the, supposed to be towed, truck was not on the agenda.

JR, when you get well enough. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

If you don't get well soon we will have to send captn mike to get you.:biggrin:

righty "O"! any excuses to go south.....

capt. mike - 1-6-2005 at 06:49 AM

Mike's baja rescue ready to fly....unless it's crappy weather...consider the bus!!

did you tow that truck with a rope? or tied to a bumper tow rig? was it a full truck? or a pick up bed only converted to a trailer? i haven't been able to finger that one out. seems like a strange way to go....why not get a second driver? oh, well, good luck JR - know you're doing good things down there amongst the mountain peoples! Say, while you're there scout me a resort site! close to a pristeen bay if there's any left!

just kidding my friend.:lol::lol:

Minnow - where be ya? santa rosalia? be there next weekend?

Me No - 1-6-2005 at 09:25 AM

I am back in Vegas for a while.

JR towed a D-50 4x4 complete with bamboo rack. It seems he couldn't hook up with his back up driver. I ended up driving it from Catavina to Mulege after the welds broke on the bumper hitch as he was pulling into the Motel in Catavina. :o

Hows that for luck, considering all the other places that thing could have come off between Ensenada and Catavina. It really gave us some thing to think about that night.:saint:

Believe it or not JR has a line on just such a spot. It seems he might be locking it up this trip. :P

Me No - 1-6-2005 at 02:05 PM

If you want to check out some pictures of JR's rig, I tried to post them here but..... the software has too many limitations even though I cut cropped and did everything I can think of to get them below the 50k limit. Go to www.baja.net.

:lol:

Germanicus - 1-7-2005 at 01:53 PM

Capt.Mike, If you are in the area, PLEASE contact me !!!!Please read your u2u for ph # and address.
After all that partying @ X-mas and thereafter, MiNo stood one night in S.R. and then left for Ensenada again, while J.R. left towards South.
When they all arrived here after the trailor hitch broke loos on the Bamboo-truck, Minoe Bamboo-truck MiNo drove the Bamboo-truck, his wife his car and JR his Van.
Unfortunately there was no chance to weld the hitch back onto the truck.
So wehad no otrher choice than having a HEAVY party waiting on the welder.

I heard a bad story - fortunately not true - that he flipped his Bamboo-truck in the La Paz area.
I immediately called him on his cell. He was on his way to Los Barillos - at that time in the San Antonio area - and he is fine.
Now he got a cold or throat pain > well, he got no Rum to gorgle !! He forgot it with me. hohohohohoho!
:bounce:
Have fun folks, JR. said he will be back soon.

Bruce R Leech - 1-7-2005 at 06:56 PM

thanks for the report Germanicus