BajaNomad

Excede Internet for Russ

Russ - 3-27-2015 at 03:42 PM

Issac just finished installing my system.
Hughes Net speed test

Excede Speed Test

Haven't been able to get the router to work yet but I will eventually. Service is snappy. Hit enter and snap you're connected.
Working on setting up billing info and new user name and pass word.

edit: Issac warned me the new dish is really flimsy and should be taken down during extreme wind. I told him I want the upgraded dish when they come out. I'm sure as hell not climbing a ladder and try to manhandle the dish in the wind. That's just stupid!

More later....

[Edited on 3-27-2015 by Russ]

Bob and Susan - 3-27-2015 at 06:02 PM

so...when are you canceling hughesnet?

I had to change out the little blue wireless to a black one to make the wireless work correctly

now I have a "download limiting" wireless arriving to replace that

[Edited on 3-28-2015 by Bob and Susan]

Russ - 3-27-2015 at 06:07 PM

I don't have the wireless working so those that share my service are still on Hughes. After that I think I'll put Hughes on vacation thru Sept. If Exede handles the storm season I'll drop Hughes.

Bob and Susan - 3-28-2015 at 05:37 AM

check you usage here...
https://my.exede.net/dashboard
I would check several times a day until you are comfortable with you downloading

your "normal" daily limit is 0.3 with a the 10gig plan

you get a little more this month because you "started" a little late in the month...

on the 20th you pay again even if 30 days are not completed

Russ - 3-28-2015 at 06:55 AM

My account gets/got paid today. I noticed it yesterday and did all my upgrades. 6G's. Now it shows I'm back to 0 used. I had tried it with Hughes and it never worked. In Laguna on my sisters I did my lap to and it took about 3 hours. On Excede it took an hour. I'll be working on the wireless connection today.

Floatflyer - 3-28-2015 at 07:00 AM

I wish you guys well! The thought of getting rid of Hughes Net AND TelCel banda ancha would give me goose bumps of joy.

beckitos - 3-28-2015 at 07:02 AM

Russ, glad to see you are back. Now we can get some on the beach reports re Excede.Nice pics too, Beckitos and Cochi

Russ - 3-28-2015 at 07:29 AM

OOPS ! I didn't get iPhoto updated and I couldn't open it because it now requires the updated version. Much bigger than I thought.

larryC - 3-28-2015 at 08:05 AM

I am very surprised at how small the dish is. It looks like a Directv dish. Probably be a good idea to mount it in a semi wind protected location, like the side of a wall not above the roof line. I originally asked Osiris how large the dish was and he replied that it was a 4 meter dish, now I see that he meant a .4 meter dish. The speeds you guys are reporting are incredible, puts my Starband to shame, which isn't saying much. I think I see an Exede system in my future.
Isaac suggested you take the dish down to protect it from the wind? How did he propose that you re-aim it when the wind stops?
Larry

Russ - 3-28-2015 at 08:24 AM

I just noticed I was billed $67.40, I guess that is the monthly service.

chivatojoe - 3-28-2015 at 12:26 PM

probably pro rated for this part of March and then the month of April. It is only $60.00 @ month. I'm bringing down 5 more unit Monday for Issac and then 10 next week. So if anybody wants one speak up and you should be able to get fast service....:bounce::bounce: