BajaNomad

Fishing Permit App

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2015 at 08:16 AM

from the pony express:

Mexico is looking to simplify its permitting and visa requirements for U.S. fishermen and boaters and has launched an app to help us stay in compliance.

The app, available now for Android platforms and soon on Apple devices, connects anglers and boaters to Mexico’s National Aquaculture and Fishing Commission (CONAPESCA) web site, www.sportfishinginmexico.com and explains how to obtain the proper fishing and visa documents, along with rules and regulations in Mexico.

To download the app, go to

http://pescadeportivaenmexico.sectur.gob.mx/en

The information covers requirements for boaters who plan to venture into Mexican waters within 12 miles, from 12 to 50 miles and beyond. It includes vessel requirements, fishing permits, boat permits, visitor immigration document (FMMs), bag and possession limits, violations and trip and fishing log information and requirements. It also includes a Sportfishing Manual, “Visit Mexico” brochure, a directory of all marinas in Mexico, and a quick guide with four steps for sportfishing in Mexico. It’s in English and Spanish. All documents may be downloaded directly from the mobile application. Sportfishing landings in San Diego have been utilizing the website with good results

Pescador - 4-1-2015 at 08:49 AM

Blanca, this app is from the Conapesca office in San Diego and any monies spent here for fishing licenses, goes to the State of Baja Norte. Since the Conapesca office in La Paz is doing such a good job of enforcement, funding tournaments (like the one in La Bocana and Abreojos), and are active in controlling the commercial interests that hurt sport fishing, we should do all we can to support them, including buying licenses there for sure.

http://www.bajasursportfishing.com

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2015 at 12:55 PM

oh ! point well taken.....

Please defer to the site Pescador posted amigos!

55steve - 4-1-2015 at 05:23 PM

Good info for us BCN fishers!

BajaBlanca - 4-2-2015 at 10:55 AM

and BCS needs to jump on this bandwagon!

aguachico - 4-2-2015 at 11:57 AM

Hi Blanca;

Thanks for the link. I can see the INM and Conapesca are trying to make it easier to oontain the necessary paper work. One of the biggest complaints on BD is the grey areas surrounding the permit purchases. Web site issues and when it is needed and so forth.

There was an illegal outfit that popped up in san diego when this came about. Illegal IMO because they were not issuing valid visas.

Anyways I find it amusing how you can purchase the one time entry for a Mexican Visa WITHOUT a passport. Shows your the true intent is $$$$. But seeing that we are allowed to enter and fish makes everything good.

I choose to get my Mex papers thru INM. I cross the border via boat at least 24 times a year.

BajaBlanca - 6-22-2016 at 10:19 PM

I just used this bajasursportfishing site today to buy 2 licenses thinking that I could print them up later

I cant figure out how to do it on this website.....

help. please.

Santiago - 6-23-2016 at 06:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I just used this bajasursportfishing site today to buy 2 licenses thinking that I could print them up later

I cant figure out how to do it on this website.....

help. please.

Blanca, I just got mine a few days ago from the same website. There is a very small pdf icon (Adobe I think) near the top of the screen you must select after going thrugh the credit card page. You will need to turn off your blocker when you do as your computer will not down load the pdf form. I went thru this whole thing, could not get it to work, tried again and figured it out; now I have TWO annual licenses and will fight it out with my credit card company. Only $36dllrs so not a big deal. Good luck

BajaBlanca - 6-23-2016 at 06:29 AM

thanks!

Pescador - 6-23-2016 at 07:24 AM

Blanca, we did three this morning for the Chivato tournament. Fill out the form, which is the circle on the left. Then go to the pay form, circle in the middle, then go to the print section.

Martyman - 6-23-2016 at 08:57 AM

My most recent trip I tried to get licenses at the tourist information buildings in both Ensenada and San Quintin. This was an easy stop in the past. Both stated that they no longer sell licenses and referred me to fishing stores or tackle shops. Both stores recommended were either closed/shut down or never sold licenses (Diaz in Bahia de LA). So...get your licenses before hand on-line.

And NO, they are making it harder to get licenses not easier

BajaBlanca - 6-23-2016 at 08:48 PM

Pescador - my problem was that our printer is out of ink.

so I had done part one -signup. I had done part 2 - pay up. and I then needed to put the document on a memory stick.

I eventually did it for one and could NOT do it for the second.

I wrote to FONMAR last night (well, I wrote to a couple gvt agencies) and they sent me the forms in a downloadable pdf form!

mission accomplished but it was a nightmare experience.

our cooperative has been waiting for conapesca to come and set them up....for months....

[Edited on 6-24-2016 by BajaBlanca]

cj5orion - 6-24-2016 at 06:04 AM

copy/pasted to Bloody Decks.
Lots of newbys there,,,dont know a thing about all this stuff.

THANX !!!!!

BajaMama - 6-24-2016 at 06:10 AM

I am lazy - I get my FMMs, car insurance and fishing licenses through our travel club - Vagabundos del Mar.

BajaBlanca - 6-24-2016 at 07:20 AM

you know what Baja mama? - smart move.

shari - 6-24-2016 at 11:05 AM

I missed that teeny weeny Icon for printing it too and did the same thing...tried again and it looked like I got charged twice.
I used the phone # for Pesca and the gal was awesome..I emailed her the receipts and she said only one was processed....whew.

The email is permisos.fonmar@gmail.com and she answered in 5 minutes!!!

Seems like it is so easy to miss that little Icon so pay attention.
It is pretty darn complicated.

BajaBlanca - 6-24-2016 at 01:40 PM

I take my hat off to the gal at FONMAR.

She sent me the licenses to print in record time!

awesome.

but not being able to save the license to print later is bloody ridiculous.

Pescador - 6-26-2016 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
I am lazy - I get my FMMs, car insurance and fishing licenses through our travel club - Vagabundos del Mar.

I have been preaching about this for years. None of your license money goes to Baja Sur when you do that. And they just paid 20K pesos for the Punta Chivato Dorado Tournament, they also worked their fingers to the bone all weekend helping us put on a very good tournament. They also sold licenses at the Captains dinner for those who needed them. They also had a Vigilance boat out who caught a netter using illegal procedure while at the tournament. So they are working overtime to promote sport fishing in Baja California Sur and need your support.

Pescador - 6-26-2016 at 08:55 AM

Blanca, According to Fonmar, specifically Rene Olinger, she says as long as you have either the confirmation number or the license number from the web site, that you can print it up anytime you like. We had some licenses that came off of that and we had to go from the community center to a house with an internet connection and printer to finalize. Luckily Adrian came with paper licenses.

Pescador - 6-27-2016 at 09:32 AM

Just to clear things up a little: FONMAR is a trust set up to:
Purposes of the Trust:

• Sport fishing license distribution.

• Awareness campaigns for the protection and conservation of marine resources.

• Fishing regulation in the waters of Baja California Sur.

• Promotion and development of sport fishing at local, national and international levels.

• Donations for research and education at authorized academic and scientific centers.

bajaandy - 6-27-2016 at 04:14 PM

Blanca,
Next time you need to print a document but your printer is down, try this: Assuming you are using a Windows based computer, and have MS Office installed, when you are prompted to print, choose "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" as your printer. This will save a file of the printed document in MS format which you can open later and print at your leisure.
However, that being said, I believe I got a .pdf copy of the license when I complete the transaction. Easy to save and print later.

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2016 at 10:31 AM

BajaAndy wow....I have to print that up and keep it with the license information.

Pescador - I know you can print it up after the fact since I have done it before but this time I could not and I tried over and over for hours since I knew chivato does not have good internet, probably they would not be able to print it there, and I was not sure that just a photo of the confirmation # would work.

to DRIVE all the way down from Sacramento and not be able to participate in the tournament due to a piece of paper was just not an option!