BajaNomad

San Diego slideshow with Graham - what day?

BajaNomad - 4-6-2015 at 06:17 PM

Looking at scheduling a BN get-together, and have Graham Mackintosh share one of his slideshow presentations, sometime in May - in San Diego.

Looking at a Saturday or Sunday - and am uncertain which day might work out better. Would either be late afternoon, or for Saturday (only) - it could be early evening.

How many would be interested in attending? It would help in determining a venue. Depending on the venue, there could be a minimal event fee to help cover the cost of the meeting space.

Tentatively looking at Sunday, May 17th. Anyone in for that? Alternatively, could consider Saturday, May 16th.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Doug

[Edited on 4-17-2015 by BajaNomad]

bacquito - 4-7-2015 at 02:43 AM

I am interested, advise me when.
Thanks

bbbait - 4-7-2015 at 05:03 AM

I would like to see Graham again.. either day is fine with me.

BajaNomad - 4-7-2015 at 02:54 PM

The main venue I have in mind told me Saturday's not available there. Sunday May 17th seems to be the primary focus right now.

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 03:11 PM

How large of a venue do you think you will need? How many people would you guess?

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 03:13 PM

Oh, and I'm interested in going too.

BajaNomad - 4-7-2015 at 03:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob53  
How large of a venue do you think you will need? How many people would you guess?

Hard to know how many are interested - that's why I started the thread.

I think we had 40-70 for the Mike Younghusband slideshow a while back.

I have a venue in Mission Valley that can seat up to around 80. Have a smaller one (haven't checked availability though) in Mission Valley too that seats more like 30 (and costs a little less, if it's available). Both are private rooms. The first one has a bar in an adjacent room - not so for the second one, it's a training room in a private office.

:)

David K - 4-8-2015 at 08:27 AM

Keep up the news on this Doug. Graham always does a fun show.

wilderone - 4-8-2015 at 05:26 PM

The Mike Younghusband slideshow had a lot of people standing - it was nice to be able to get a beer there.
And count me in!

BajaNomad - 4-16-2015 at 07:18 PM

Based upon the response, it appears I only need to plan for about 6-8 of us on May 17th?

Thanks.