BajaNomad

Another house for sale in San Nicolas $5,000.00

fishsticker - 4-17-2015 at 09:20 AM

Illness forces sale. 600 sq ft house with 2 large adjoining palapas. 50mtr X 50mtr lot with many fruit and palm trees in large orchard. Unlimited fresh water from well. 5 minute walk to beach. Sea of Cortez visable from property. Original owner was Olivia Newton John. 22 ft ponga w/ 50 hp Honda 4cycle and trailer also available for $4750.00. Photos and info available to serious buyers. contact somethingfishy4ken@yahoo.com

vgabndo - 4-17-2015 at 05:17 PM

I remember that place. For a long time it had her reputation but was not much more than a palapa and a bathroom. We called it Olivia Newton's john. Kenny, has the arroyo left any kind of road access to that place from upstream? Is there a new driveway?

4x4abc - 4-17-2015 at 06:53 PM

titled or leased?
is the house so ugly that you don't show pics?

monoloco - 4-17-2015 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
titled or leased?
Do you expect something out of Architectural Digest for 5K?

Cliffy - 4-17-2015 at 09:06 PM

Just one opinion, FWIW,
I've been "looking" and dreaming for decades of having a place in Baja. Made several trips just to see what we could find. Now I'm probably not going to buy right now but who knows if I see something that just calls me. That is why pictures are a real good marketing tool. You never know who might see them and decide to buy.
Without them many will not even give it a second look.
Just like marketing airplanes. Those ads that give no price but say "call for info" will never get sold. Same with homes without pictures.
People want to see what they are getting in to.
And I do realize the limitations of the net and posting from SOB.
Just one opinion that's all. If I was down there right now I'd stop by and do a photo shoot of the area and both homes just to post for everyone.

wessongroup - 4-17-2015 at 09:17 PM

Agree "pic's" help ..

woody with a view - 4-17-2015 at 09:40 PM

the prices are dropping and the pics aren't forthcoming.....

Glidergeek - 4-18-2015 at 07:39 AM

How much for the whole town:?:

mtgoat666 - 4-18-2015 at 07:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
the prices are dropping and the pics aren't forthcoming.....

Real estate marketing is all visual. If you don't throw out a pic or 2 to entice, few will bother to look.
Can you imagine house hunting and having to contact each house for sale to individually ask for a picture?

A pictures worth a thousand words

durrelllrobert - 4-18-2015 at 08:14 AM

titled or leased?

When i was trying to find someone to take my ex-wife off my hands I posted her picture and got absolutely no interest :lol:

4x4abc - 4-18-2015 at 08:56 AM

and I bet, he send them out with snail mail

those new technologies must really suck

Pompano - 4-18-2015 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
I remember that place. For a long time it had her reputation but was not much more than a palapa and a bathroom. We called it Olivia Newton's john....

Ms. John must have really liked the Mulege area. She also had a place/site at Villas de Mulege, which is just south of the microwave tower in the Bay of Conception. Sorry, no pictures..even by email. :rolleyes:

fishsticker - 4-18-2015 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
I remember that place. For a long time it had her reputation but was not much more than a palapa and a bathroom. We called it Olivia Newton's john. Kenny, has the arroyo left any kind of road access to that place from upstream? Is there a new driveway?

fishsticker - 4-18-2015 at 11:33 AM

Very interesting post Vag, WE (the locals and other Gringos in the Village) also had a name for your place, it was called a piece of chit and it lived up to it's name when the hurricane came as it floated down the river like a turd and Olivias stood strong and is still here.

Cliffy - 4-18-2015 at 12:00 PM

Don you are probably correct in that I see posting issues here lots of times.
My comment was just that a comment not meant to knock anyone. If I was there I'd take the pics and post just to help out. Frankly it has me interested as I have never been there and want to see it. I just didn't want to bother anyone with tire kicking if I wasn't seriously looking right now.

4x4abc - 4-18-2015 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishsticker  
Very interesting post Vag, WE (the locals and other Gringos in the Village) also had a name for your place, it was called a piece of chit and it lived up to it's name when the hurricane came as it floated down the river like a turd and Olivias stood strong and is still here.

now that is good information - the next big storm might just wipe the entire village off the map. Just like parts of Mulege

Cliffy - 4-18-2015 at 02:10 PM

All I can say is that my only interaction with Ken was #1 First Class.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend talking to him if anyone is interested in SN.
I am now interested. Don't know where it will go with the little woman, but I am interested.

fishsticker - 4-21-2015 at 09:52 AM

bump

elgatoloco - 4-21-2015 at 12:37 PM

That sounds like a real assholian response. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong? :dudette:

daledives - 4-21-2015 at 05:43 PM

no, that's what happened:

fishsticker - 4-23-2015 at 07:20 AM

bump

4x4abc - 4-23-2015 at 08:00 AM

what's happening in that dark part of the world - everybody is selling everything. Rats are leaving a sinking ship?

no rats

daledives - 4-23-2015 at 03:28 PM

just getting old, concentrating on gonzaga,, closer

Pescador - 4-25-2015 at 07:46 AM

what's happening in that dark part of the world - everybody is selling everything. Rats are leaving a sinking ship?

Nope, moving to La Paz, hanging out, looking super cool and hoping to share that with the rest of the world.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

vgabndo - 4-25-2015 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

That sounds like a real assholian response. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong? :dudette:

Nope, you read it right my friend. It is difficult to be civil under the circumstances, but I will share that I lost one wall of my storage shed which washed downstream. The rest of the building stood strong, but was filled with sand and gravel, and I lost 650 feet of fence. I didn't rebuild for two reasons. First, the month after TS Julio I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer, and didn't have the money after that. (And the lease was going up another $300.) Second, both before and after the storm, in my absence, my place was pretty seriously ripped off by the locals. The only one's that I KNOW stole from me were gringos. When I got there to clean up, my Mexican neighbors came to ask if they could BUY some of the stuff that was left. Fishsticker's lie of omission is that his place was brutalized by the storm. He showed me around four months after the flood, and the effects of the high water were STILL obvious. Ken has two serious issues in his life right now which it isn't my business to share. I'm going to be generous and believe that his insults were the result of his having a bad day. The picture is Fishsticker's place four months after the flood. Both the places for sale are down stream from here.

[file]31829[/file]