BajaNomad

San Bruno - Mulege off road Race-May 16th

willyAirstream - 4-30-2015 at 04:01 PM

This race draws motos and cars from LaPaz to GN, so you will be entertained.
Sat. Afternoon- car inspection and show in SB baseball field, race starts at dusk and ends at Ranchito Colonia on ice house road.
It runs parallell to the highway near the Santa Ines turnoff and that is a good place to watch or try roads around Punta Chivato. Party at the finish from midnight to dawn.

dtbushpilot - 4-30-2015 at 04:13 PM

How many miles (kilometers)?

willyAirstream - 4-30-2015 at 04:21 PM

150k but may increase to 200k.Course map should be ready next week. Vamos , es bueno.

willyAirstream - 5-6-2015 at 11:01 AM

Google translation

Friends we leave the route map marking where malotonas parts, sand, stone and the new part which is in the section of dunes are! Marked by the largest circle orange color, this part was damaged by the rains is not the lovely line that was be careful when walking as there fords where the water did ditches, marked with the black circle if you remember the last route was on under the bridge, the road now will jump to the other lado.pasando Chek three yellow oval is the new section, where you will find dunes is straight !! the other yellow circle is part of "Dead Cove" this route if last year where they found sand in very Atascosa parties. The green circle is where creek crossings with cement are, they handle this part as they are hazardous is marked correctly !!! the last orange circle is part of the stream of Santa Ines where there is sand and rock climbing begins! they again ask that the routes do not run !! They are busy roads through which the route. avoid accidents and for the Off-Road grip infamous !! it is our responsibility to care for the sport we love !! PLEASE SHARE

rts551 - 5-6-2015 at 12:30 PM

night race. Correct.

willyAirstream - 5-6-2015 at 12:37 PM

Yep, inspection is Saturday afternoon and race starts at dusk. Approx. 100k
Fiesta after at el Ranchito.

On edit.....race starts on the road to Magdalina,sp, not at the ball field

[Edited on 5-6-2015 by willyAirstream]

Pescador - 5-7-2015 at 06:44 AM

Does that mean they are going to clean up all the ribbons, signs, arrows and junk off the course when they are done? It was a mess yesterday.:no::no:

[Edited on 5-7-2015 by Pescador]

willyAirstream - 5-7-2015 at 06:54 AM

I will let the club know your concern. Clean up went well last year. All the wooden arrows were stolen before the race.

motoged - 5-7-2015 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
..... All the wooden arrows were stolen before the race.

Richard, check Pescador's wood pile :biggrin:

willyAirstream - 5-7-2015 at 11:12 AM

Jajajaja

Pescador - 5-7-2015 at 02:41 PM

As Larry the Cable Guy said, " Now that is funny, I don't care who you are".

I took some people out for a quad ride to Punta Chivato and they commented on the arrows and ribbons on all the bushes. They had commented earlier that the national flower of Baja California Sur must be white plastic trash bags, so they were sensitive to the stuff in the desert. So it was kinda tongue in cheek when I asked about the marker stuff. Usually they pick up the arrows, but the ribbons seem to stay for a long time.

It is probably a good thing that I did not take them out there the day of the race as it might have gotten very exciting to be in the middle of the dust storm.

willyAirstream - 5-7-2015 at 03:30 PM

:) I agree, the ribbons are almost as bad as the plastic trash bags. Maybe we will use aluminum foil next year, naaa that would be gone in an hour. Lots of cars and motos pre running between now and race night, especially this Sunday.
Last year several cars went off the course at speed causing sever damage to the vehicles, but luckily no injuries, hence the amount of ribbons now.

Note, highway 1 will be closed for about an hour around 9pm, more or less, near the Santa Innes turn off.

Also, Hotel Hacienda is offering a discount for the race, 350/night for a double, fri, sat and sunday.

Update map?

Russ - 5-14-2015 at 09:33 AM

Can you post an updated map? We're looking for a vista where we won't have to return over the race course.

msteve1014 - 5-14-2015 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  

They had commented earlier that the national flower of Baja California Sur must be white plastic trash bags, so they were sensitive to the stuff in the desert.

In La Bocana those are known as "white sea bags". We also have black sea bags. Catching is good here year round, no bag limit.

Meany - 5-14-2015 at 01:19 PM

Russ, it looks to me from the map. That it is the top of your Pila or up on the mesa or the check point #4?? :bounce::bounce:

Russ - 5-14-2015 at 02:42 PM

Maybe the hill above the "Y" ? See them coming and going.

willyAirstream - 5-15-2015 at 07:51 AM

I will try to post an updated map later today. The hill would be a good place to watch, ck pt 4 , anywhere around there. Also, the hill south of Santa Ines would offer very long views, but probably difficult for you to get back. Just camp there :)

Side notes
Thanks to RibbonSlinger, a nomad, hazards were marked with the huge supply of pink ribbon he donated. Well, seems some people really like the pink, as over half of it has been removed.

Pre running will be intense today and tonight and they may drive faster than they should. Be cautious!

Hope everyone enjoys the race. There are some very cool cars coming.

Trueheart - 5-15-2015 at 07:19 PM

How many run in this, and types? Can we get an idea on this at pre race in SB Sat aft?

willyAirstream - 5-15-2015 at 08:40 PM

Last year there were about 40 motos, 15 quads, 5 class 9, about 10 class 7sx, and about 6 oth er trucks.
This year expect same number of moto and quads, there are 9 class 9 confirmed, 4 class5/1600, a 1600, and various class 6 , 7 and 8.People are still signing up as there was no deadline for confirmation. A class 8 that runs the 1000 and many score races, just confirmed.
You might get an idea from pre runners, but they have been out today and some tonight, so they are spread out.
Last year drew huge crowds on the course and at the after party.
Vamos, it will be fun.

willyAirstream - 5-15-2015 at 08:43 PM

The race begins on the road to Magdalena, not in the pueblo of SB.

Russ - 5-17-2015 at 08:52 AM

Photos?

willyAirstream - 5-17-2015 at 09:20 AM

Mas tarde. And maybe a detailed story, what a race! 2nd place

rts551 - 5-17-2015 at 09:22 AM

Felicidades to Pin Sarabia (Cachania) for first place in the quads.

willyAirstream - 5-17-2015 at 09:24 AM

And congrates to Padro also. 1st place in pro moto

willyAirstream - 5-17-2015 at 02:23 PM

100 more images on FB. No action shots from me, as I was busy.
A professional photog/video team, Cactus Films, from Asuncion volunteered to do a production, but didn't have the funds for travel. One post on FB generated 1500 pesos in 10 minutes from the racers. His pics will be uploaded in a day or two.