BajaNomad

posting from dropbox

willyAirstream - 5-10-2015 at 08:45 PM

2 days ago I was able to hotlink to dropbox images, which is legal. Now It does not work. Any thing change on the forum?

BajaNomad - 5-10-2015 at 11:02 PM

No forum software changes in that time period.

I see dropbox images that are displaying in this post:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=78760#pid9802...

Please advise.

As I noticed another page with a change that seems new (perhaps as of this week), I'll need to see if there was an automated PHP update in the past week that could be a cause for anything new.

willyAirstream - 5-10-2015 at 11:14 PM

Thanks for checking. Yes, 2 days ago those images loaded with out problems , as well as some 2 weeks ago. Today, using the same code structure, they wont show. The link works, but after adding the img tags, nada.
I will try loading a previously used image here tomorrow, when I am on the PC.

BajaNomad - 5-11-2015 at 05:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  

Yes, 2 days ago those images loaded with out problems... Today, ...they wont show.

They're showing up fine when I go to that post. Curious to know if you are still unable to see them however.

David K - 5-11-2015 at 07:04 AM

Doug, recently my Photobucket photos/maps were not showing when I first opened a thread... and only after reloading the page one or two times did they appear... The little box symbol was there instead...?

willyAirstream - 5-11-2015 at 08:55 AM

Problem solved. I had a typo in the new links and never saw it, checking several times, ....getting old.

Sorry for the noise.

You can delete my posts in this thread , if you want.

BajaNomad - 5-12-2015 at 03:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
...recently my Photobucket photos/maps were not showing when I first opened a thread... The little box symbol was there instead...?

That seems most likely to be a temporary Photobucket or local internet connection issue. Neither of which I can be of much help with.

fyi