BajaNomad

Cruz Roja Primo Tapia needs donations badly, about to close down

EnsenadaDr - 6-22-2015 at 09:56 AM

Cruz Roja Primo Tapia services the primarily rural area between Rosarito and Ensenada with ambulance service and minor and major medical needs. This is the only "hospital" in the local area and is about to close down due to no funding. I am wondering why the Mexican Government doesn't subsidize Cruz Roja at all. Please donate whatever you can to prevent this crucial adjunct to the community from closing.

DENNIS - 6-22-2015 at 10:30 AM

https://www.icrc.org/en

EnsenadaDr - 6-23-2015 at 05:35 AM

Thanks for the link Dennis for the International Red Cross, but correct me if I am wrong. I believe the Mexican Red Cross is a separate organization than this.

DENNIS - 6-23-2015 at 06:54 AM

Maybe they should join. I mean.... if the local red cross isn't part of the big picture, who are they? Where is their transparency?

EnsenadaDr - 6-23-2015 at 07:18 AM

I have a meeting with one of the Administrators of the Rosarito Red Cross on Friday. I will ask her the relative connection of their association with the International Red Cross. Certainly it doesn't appear they get financial assistance from the International Red Cross with the lack of funds to continue service in Primo Tapia.

[Edited on 6-23-2015 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 6-23-2015 at 09:15 AM

From the income they generate from can-handling, especially at the toll gates, I wonder what kind of car she drives?

Hook - 6-23-2015 at 10:18 AM

I was told that the national Mexican Red Cross organization went BK recently.