BajaNomad

Elias Calles, Baja Sur, Mexico

Bajaboy - 6-28-2015 at 03:30 PM

Thought I'd share a little about our time here in Elias Calles. It's a great little place.

http://bajaboyadventures.blogspot.mx/2015/06/spending-few-da...

Zac

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2015 at 03:45 PM

Those waterfalls are nice!

Bajahowodd - 6-28-2015 at 04:56 PM

Geez. It's amazing how pricey real estate is in the area between Todos Santos and El Pescadero.

woody with a view - 6-28-2015 at 05:44 PM

Looks like a damn fine trip so far! I'm enjoying a ballast point Dorado double IPA right now and the only thing missing is The beach. Enjoy amigo! Please don't hurry home......:cool:

Bajaboy - 6-28-2015 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Looks like a damn fine trip so far! I'm enjoying a ballast point Dorado double IPA right now and the only thing missing is The beach. Enjoy amigo! Please don't hurry home......:cool:

Nice, tonight I enjoyed a Stone Arrogant Bastard, Go To IPA, Saison, and Pale Ale....after a few Pacificos of course.....off to Cabo tomorrow.

And yes, it's unreal how expensive land is in this area:!:

monoloco - 6-28-2015 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Geez. It's amazing how pricey real estate is in the area between Todos Santos and El Pescadero.
Elias Calle isn't between Todos Santos and El Pescadero. I don't think real estate in the area is particularly over priced unless you want beachfront or a lot in an exclusive gringo enclave. Nice fotos Bajaboy!

[Edited on 6-29-2015 by monoloco]

David K - 6-29-2015 at 08:50 AM

Zac, if you ever get to the ruins at San Jacinto (east of Elias Calles), I would appreciate seeing new photos of the mission visita ruins there to compare with those taken by Jack Swords a dozen years ago...
Here are some of his photos and the GPS he gave me for them:
http://vivabaja.com/missions3/page6.html

[Edited on 6-29-2015 by David K]

Bajahowodd - 6-29-2015 at 03:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Elias Calle isn't between Todos Santos and El Pescadero. I don't think real estate in the area is particularly over priced unless you want beachfront or a lot in an exclusive gringo enclave. Nice fotos Bajaboy!

So where is it then?

David K - 6-29-2015 at 03:58 PM

So where is it then?

churro - 6-29-2015 at 07:01 PM

Very Nice!!! Thanks for posting!

Bajaboy - 6-29-2015 at 09:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Zac, if you ever get to the ruins at San Jacinto (east of Elias Calles), I would appreciate seeing new photos of the mission visita ruins there to compare with those taken by Jack Swords a dozen years ago...
Here are some of his photos and the GPS he gave me for them:
http://vivabaja.com/missions3/page6.html

[Edited on 6-29-2015 by David K]

David, my buddy's son leads hiking trips so I'll ask him. We plan on doing a longer hike next summer into some more remote areas. There are a lot of cool options around here.

[Edited on 6-30-2015 by Bajaboy]

David K - 6-30-2015 at 08:55 AM

Great...

So what happened with La Cocina Pacifica (has it turned into any kind of b&b or lodge) and does anyone hear from Max and Lynn (Bajabus) anymore?

Bajaboy - 6-30-2015 at 10:08 AM

Great...

So what happened with La Cocina Pacifica (has it turned into any kind of b&b or lodge) and does anyone hear from Max and Lynn (Bajabus) anymore?

As of last summer, Jim and Susan still own the place but only as a private residence. We were invited over last year but couldn't make it.

I'm not sure about Max. I'll ask my friends later today.

Enjoying relatively mild weather here. Heading back to Loreto tomorrow and then Bahia Asuncion.

David K - 6-30-2015 at 10:16 AM

Thanks, Jim and Susan were very nice folks... we stayed there on Christmas, 2001.

Bajahowodd - 6-30-2015 at 03:48 PM

So where is it then?

So, I was just a few miles off. But my statement about pricey real estate stands.

chuckie - 6-30-2015 at 04:03 PM

What the hell, Wodd? Few miles aint bad....Closer than you usually get...

Bajahowodd - 7-1-2015 at 03:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
What the hell, Wodd? Few miles aint bad....Closer than you usually get...

Are you gay? Only reason I can fathom as to why you make it a crusade to write negative posts about me for my attention. I'm not gay, so you can look elsewhere.