BajaNomad

Pacific Coast of Mainland Caravan

ChicoTerri - 8-11-2015 at 11:55 AM

Hello...
After visiting Baja exclusively for many years, we are interested in exploring some of the mainland. We will be a group of two or three vehicles and are looking for a caravan to join up with. Dates are very flexible at this point. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a similar group for the mainland where we might meet some like-minded folks to travel south with. I'm not interested in a commercial tour, just a few more folks to band together with for safety on that tricky coast. We're headed to at least below Puerto Vallarta/Manzanillo. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hook - 8-12-2015 at 09:42 AM

Check your U2U. There should be a clickable notification in the upper right hand corner of any of the Nomad boards.

pchad - 9-5-2015 at 08:08 PM

likewise I'm gonna do the mainland side of Cortez before crossing to Baja on the ferry. Planning on crossing at Nogales around Nov. 1st, heading to San Carlos and then further south. I've got 6 months and no set schedule. Stay in touch. Phil

bajagrouper - 9-6-2015 at 08:32 AM

Tricky coast???????
Highway 15D is a 4 lane toll road that does not follow the coast, the first sight of the Pacific Ocean will be just north of Mazatlan, then the next time you will see water will be just north of Puerto Vallarta...I drive this route twice a year solo and never had any problems, nothing to be afraid of.....

Lee - 9-6-2015 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ChicoTerri  
Hello...
We will be a group of two or three vehicles and are looking for a caravan to join up with. Dates are very flexible at this point.

2-3 vehicles and you're looking for more for safety?

Looks like you have plenty of safety now -- more vehicles = more safety? Don't think it works that way.

You can travel solo or lots of vehicles. I think it comes down to being prepared, ducks in a row sort of thing, eyes in the back of your head, relaxing and having fun.

How would more vehicles give you more safety? Just trying to get inside your head.