BajaNomad

We Sleep Around, Homeless by Choice

wsccld - 8-17-2015 at 11:15 AM

Greetings -

My wife and I have been traveling 100% of the time for nearly 14 years via house/pet sitting. We live in other's homes loving and caring for their pets, allowing them to travel worry free! During this 14 years we have traveled to 45 states within the United States, 40 foreign countries, enjoyed 21 cruises/213 nights, stayed in roughly 50 time shares, and over 100 hotels. We have slept in 845 beds and completed 150 house/pet sits - world wide!

We have shared our story through recent speaking engagements to promote our first of three books - "We Sleep Around, Homeless by Choice." Yes, that is the title of our new book! Book one is about our first 5+ years of homelessness, beginning when we sold our home in rural San Diego County, CA February 2002 and ends when I head to the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq for a two year contract position with the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Over the years we have had five newspaper articles written about us; both in the U.S. and Mexico.

Check out our "GR8 Adventure" web site - www.Susied1999.webs.com which highlights our story, has an extensive photo gallery, our calendar, and tells about our book. Our 40th wedding anniversary is October 25, and it just so happens to be our 5,000th day of homelessness!

As an aside, we are home owners at Papa Fernandez at Gonzaga Bay!

If you would be interested in a signed copy of our book it would be $17, inluding shipping and handling (email me directly at - wsccld@aol.com) or for a unsigned copy go directly to - www.createspace.com/5418534 We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Best regards,

Bill (Harley) & Susie Davidson

[Edited on 8-17-2015 by wsccld]

toneart - 8-17-2015 at 04:47 PM

I sleep around but I am not homeless. Want to buy my book? Guaranteed good stories. I got a million of em! :bounce::lol:

bajabuddha - 8-17-2015 at 07:58 PM

Tony; does y'ers got pitchers? :o

CortezBlue - 8-17-2015 at 08:08 PM

So these folks are either Trust Babies

or

We will have to support them when they are retired, but wait how can you retire from doing nothing??

bajabuddha - 8-17-2015 at 09:17 PM

Cortez;
Do your robes come with matching gavel?

CortezBlue - 8-17-2015 at 09:26 PM

hail ceasar

BigWooo - 8-18-2015 at 07:22 AM

Living full time in Baja you realize how important it is to have someone reliable to care for your pets and property when you travel. I don't know these people, but if they are in fact reliable and have good references, I think they could provide a very valuable service.

ncampion - 8-18-2015 at 07:31 AM

I agree with the above. We are always looking for reliable house sitters who will treat our home like it was theirs. The one time we left the house without a sitter we got robbed blind. I would like to talk to these people.

wsccld - 8-18-2015 at 09:32 AM

To - Big Woo/ncampion/southpatch -

Thank you for your positive comments - much appreciated! And, yes, we are reliable and have lots - lots of references. I'm currently doing a house/pet sit in Bonsall, CA and my wife is doing one in Santa Monica, CA. We will move on to Rancho Bernardo, CA then Las Vegas, NV, and then onto Fallbrook, CA. These will take us thru October. We will have a break the first week of September and may be going to our place at Papa Fernandez - Gonzaga Bay. Our book - We Sleep Around, Homeless by choice does outline our house/pet sitting and travels for the first 5+ years should you be interested.

Cheers,

Harley

We Sleep Around, Homeless by Choice - Rev. 1

wsccld - 9-1-2015 at 08:21 PM

Many of you saw my post regarding our new book - "We Sleep Around, Homeless by Choice!" Well, we have just gotten another magazine article published - "Nomad Travel Magazine!" Take a look - http://digitalnomadtravelmag.com/house-pet-sitting-pros-tell... and we still have books available for sale - $17 - Just let us know you'd like a signed copy or order at susied1999.webs.com The book has chapters in which we discuss my trips to Gonzaga Bay since the mid-80's!

Regards,

Harley