BajaNomad

Agave Hotel , Los Barriles

Hurricane Rick - 8-25-2015 at 06:47 PM

The Agave Hotel is a 9 room private beachfront hotel in Los Barriles. On highway 1 at KM 108

www.vrbo.com #127540

You can also check it out www.Agavehotelandcantina.com
Mention you are a Baja Nomad reader for a special discount when booking your date.

dtbushpilot - 8-25-2015 at 07:42 PM

Welcome to Nomads Rick. Our friends from the US and Canada all stay at the Agave when we have our annual Cinco de Mayo week long party. It often coincides with the NORRA 1000 so it can turn into quite a party there. They love it, we always recommend it to friends.

Hurricane Rick - 8-25-2015 at 08:51 PM

Thank you Dtbushpilot. i have been an avid reader of BN for years and decided it's time to post my favorite places in Baja. As a Baja racer since the early 90s, I consider it my 2nd home and had many great expieriances. My wife and I plan to move to our house by ShipWrecks on the EastCape next year. Thank you for supporting our little piece of paradise in Los Barriles and as the saying goes "Mi Casa es Su Casa"

gator - 8-26-2015 at 07:43 AM

Stayed a few days there in August 2013 with some friends. Had the entire place to ourselves. Absolutely awesome place. Infinity edge pool, right on the beach. Very clean. I'd definitely stay again.

Serenity at the Agave Hotel

John M - 8-26-2015 at 01:31 PM

May 2014 we spent a couple of very enjoyable nights here!

The pool was perfect, and in the early morning a Pacifico Light brought yet another smile to my wife's face. Ignore the coffee cup in her right hand - that's another story.

Spotless grounds, quiet, just the place to relax after a day of doing nothing.

John and Barbara M

[Edited on 8-26-2015 by John M]

Maron - 8-26-2015 at 01:42 PM

WOW, looks and sound wonderful. Do any of you know if an RV could be parked there, if we rented a room?

Thks

Ron and Mary Ann

Hurricane Rick - 8-26-2015 at 07:02 PM

It depends on the size of the R.V. We have let a group that has rented the entire hotel , park a truck camper on the patio, but that is tight.
The hotel sits against a small hill side, so the top floor Margarita suites is actually accessible for cars. We have allowed another group that rented the top floor suites and a few pool side rooms to park a smaller R.V up top. Let me know what you have and we will try to accommodate your groups needs.
Thank you for the kind words to those that have stayed with us. We have had many happy guest that want to relax at a place with few people around. I don't want to sound like a commercial but are hotel is unique as we do not have a onsite staff. We have a management company that stops by each day to clean and check to make sure all is well. This gives you privacy to enjoy the place as you please. The beach is perfect for kayaking, snorkeling or just relaxing and taking in the beautiful sites of Baja. Hope you will come check it out. Rjohnson@agavehotelandcantina.com

[Edited on 8-27-2015 by Hurricane Rick]

BajaBlanca - 8-27-2015 at 05:34 AM

Sure looks gorgeous!