BajaNomad

Delta Parking (Otay Mesa) is full. Need alternatives quickly!

mrfatboy - 8-26-2015 at 02:36 PM

Hey guys,

I just called Delta Parking to reserve a spot to park my car for this friday 8/28. They say they are full up for the next week. I need an alternative quick and a way to get me to the border so I can take a taxi to the airport.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

danaeb - 8-26-2015 at 02:46 PM

There's another parking lot on the other side of the freeway on Roll drive (next to the 7-11 shopping center). It may be a little more expensive than Delta - not sure of the daily rate. You'll walk across the bridge to the other side to enter the turnstile into Mexico.

[Edited on 8-26-2015 by danaeb]

mrfatboy - 8-26-2015 at 06:46 PM

It turns out that delta parking is not accepting any cars until the end of next week due to renovations.

I have found some parking next to the ihop just up the street from the border crossing. I don't think it is as secure as delta but I have no choice.

BajaBlanca - 8-27-2015 at 05:29 AM

what kind of a vehicle do you have? sometimes my sister accepts cars at her house (huge horseshoe driveway) for a small fee

very safe but you would be in point loma and would have to figure out a way to get to otay

wilderone - 8-27-2015 at 07:22 AM

Why cross in Otay? How much baggage are you carrying across? How long will you need parking? Plenty of places to park in San Ysidro - take a taxi from TJ to the airport - $8.00 white taxis - 10 min. ride. There are "airport" parking lots near SD Lindberg field to park (Hawthorn St. Pacific Hwy.), then take the trolley to TJ.

mrfatboy - 8-27-2015 at 07:49 AM

Thanks. I figured out other options.