BajaNomad

INCREDIBLE IMAGES AND VIDEO OF HOW HUMANS HAVE TRANSFORMED EARTH

Cisco - 8-27-2015 at 02:08 PM

http://alizul2.blogspot.com/2012/04/incredible-images-and-vi...

[Edited on 8-27-2015 by Cisco]

David K - 8-27-2015 at 02:27 PM

Thanks for fixing the link...

How did are our travel routes by planes and ships 'transform' the earth? Maybe it was just a poor choice of wording the photos?

I get that with lights, the earth is lit at night and naturally where we have paved over or built upon the earth, it is changed on the surface.

Beautiful lighting, but I enjoy dark desert nights! Thanks!

Cisco - 8-27-2015 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks for fixing the link...

How did are our travel routes by planes and ships 'transform' the earth? Maybe it was just a poor choice of wording the photos?

I get that with lights, the earth is lit at night and naturally where we have paved over or built upon the earth, it is changed on the surface.

Beautiful lighting, but I enjoy dark desert nights! Thanks!

David, the first video is not narrated, the second (bottom one) is and features a time line of human pollution of the planet due to our industrialization.

Try it and see if that helps.

David. On edit. I clicked on the original article under the second (last) video. There is text there that may be of interest.

Cisco - 8-27-2015 at 03:23 PM

Beautiful lighting, but I enjoy dark desert nights! Thanks![/rquote]

Yes David. Three percent of the planet's land surface is under tarmac - an area the size of India.

Here are the deserts you so love. Sonora is included.

http://alizul2.blogspot.com/2012/04/20-beautiful-and-unusual...

David K - 8-27-2015 at 03:30 PM

Awesome, thanks! I like the Namib Desert next to the sea!

4Cata - 8-27-2015 at 10:34 PM

Wow! just wow! Look what we have done. I like Baja's night sky SO MUCH BETTER!!! Can't wait to celebrate the full moon in November! I
will be in SF and laden with champagne! Well, micheladas for me, I'm so ready for them!

bezzell - 8-28-2015 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any questions, people !?

haha