BajaNomad

El Carrito

huesos - 9-13-2015 at 02:13 PM

This is one more entry in my search for an antidote to the ever present gringo market "fine dining" experience.
El Carrito is just North of the Office Depot on the opposite side of the street.
Sylvia, Pasita, Mellisa and the rest of the staff are producing the best tasting hamburgers on the coast. Each visit varies slightly as you might expect when you are talking about creativity in cooking.
Try the number one combo with everything to start off with. There are several Mexican options that I have not yet tried but will as I can not find good Mexican food South of LA.

[Edited on 9-19-2015 by huesos]

Bajahowodd - 9-13-2015 at 03:08 PM

It might be helpful if you were to identify the town/ city in which El Carito can be found

SFandH - 9-13-2015 at 04:45 PM

TJ, Mexicali, La Paz, San Jose, San Lucas (los cabos) probably all have an Office Depot or two. I know TJ does.

If you're really interested:

https://www.officedepot.com.mx/

David K - 9-13-2015 at 05:54 PM

Just wondering what state and town this place is in.

obvious

huesos - 9-14-2015 at 11:39 AM

Just check your GPS settings for Rosarito and adjust your spell check program. You may just find it and avoid the embarrassment of being sucked into the next gringo restaurant trap.

elgatoloco - 9-14-2015 at 12:51 PM

I,for one, can hardly wait to head to Mexico for a hamburger. :saint:

bajabuddha - 9-14-2015 at 12:59 PM

KrazyKat, it is a known fact you've been in Baja a while when you finally do crave a mushroom/swiss one with papas fritas! ;)

Oh yeah, and HEINZ ketchup (NOT Del Monte) :bounce:

elgatoloco - 9-14-2015 at 01:44 PM

I am an interloper/visitor/tourista. I can understand those who are down there all the time may have a hankering for sumptin different. To the OP 'thanks for the tip'!

pin head

huesos - 9-22-2015 at 09:34 AM

Yes the reason I post these reviews is for the benefit of donkeys like you, not to help out the owners, decent people trying to make a living against overwhelming odds. Must be great to live in your personal bubble.

ligui - 9-22-2015 at 12:55 PM

Thanks for the tip on a good meal !! We will give it a try on the way south .

:bounce:

jbcoug - 9-22-2015 at 03:22 PM

Huesos,
I may be missing it, but I still haven't seen what town this is in. Several people have shown interest, to no avail.

Bruce R Leech - 9-22-2015 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by huesos  
Just check your GPS settings for Rosarito and adjust your spell check program. You may just find it and avoid the embarrassment of being sucked into the next gringo restaurant trap.

What dose this mean?:?:

Bajahowodd - 9-22-2015 at 04:46 PM

Ridiculous.

Bob53 - 9-22-2015 at 07:00 PM

Since huevos isn't responding with anything that makes any sense, I looked around a bit and came up with this place. Right place? Who knows.
https://es.foursquare.com/v/el-carrito/4e384567483bda3eb1198...

elgatoloco - 9-22-2015 at 10:02 PM

Yes the reason I post these reviews is for the benefit of donkeys like you, not to help out the owners, decent people trying to make a living against overwhelming odds. Must be great to live in your personal bubble.

bite me

David K - 9-22-2015 at 10:14 PM

Rosarito? Great!

This is the first and only place you told us of what town this place is in. Before, you just said it was near an 'Office Depot'??? There are 5 or more Office Depots in Baja, we are told here.

Remember this is a Baja forum, not a Rosarito only forum and Baja is 1000 miles (by road) from one end to the other, please give us the town and more to help us give business to whatever restaurant you recommend.

desertcpl - 9-23-2015 at 11:18 AM

me think that the OP is a few sandwiches shy of a picnic

Bob53 - 9-23-2015 at 03:46 PM

The very next time I'm craving a hamburger, I'm heading to Baja!

Bajahowodd - 9-24-2015 at 03:52 PM

Almost seems like we've been punked.