BajaNomad

CNG Tanks SD to La Paz

jackaroe - 9-19-2015 at 10:50 PM

Hola, trying to get a couple of CNG tanks from San Diego to La Paz Before Thanksgiving. I'll pay for some Fuel? Open to any sugestions. Thanks in advance!

Bob and Susan - 9-20-2015 at 05:48 AM

these are things looked at by the border guys and homeland security

and why natural gas...they use propane here or are they nitrogen for tires

use an importer at the border...he can ship them for you at a reasonable cost too

[Edited on 9-20-2015 by Bob and Susan]

jackaroe - 9-20-2015 at 08:23 AM

Thanks for the responce! It is Natural Gas. Its for a boat stove. I think I can convert it to Propane but as I don't get down often I figured Two tanks a year should do the trick (their about the size of scuba tanks)

larryC - 9-20-2015 at 09:14 AM

Stick with natural gas on a boat, propane is heavier than air and can be a problem on a boat if not properly installed.

bajaguy - 9-20-2015 at 09:24 AM

Throw in some swimming flippers and a mask, if they ask, tell 'em they are SCUBA tanks.... :lol:

Quote: Originally posted by jackaroe  
Thanks for the responce! It is Natural Gas. Its for a boat stove. I think I can convert it to Propane but as I don't get down often I figured Two tanks a year should do the trick (their about the size of scuba tanks)

Bob and Susan - 9-20-2015 at 09:32 AM

wouldn't 2 scuba tank sized natural gas power a boat stove for about a year?

jackaroe - 9-20-2015 at 04:55 PM

We like to cook and spend about 4-5 weeks aboard per year. 2 Tanks should keep us covered.

Nat Gas for sure safer,,, but seems like is only readily available stateside. gonna have to do the conversion as we go further south

got a bunch of old scuba gear,, so here lets try this:

"CNG TANKS DISGUISED AS SCUBA TANKS NEED TO GET FROM SD TO LA PAZ BEFORE TURKEY DAY! WILL PAY CASH"