Wahoo recipe needed

boe4fun - 9-29-2015 at 06:40 PM

Anybody got any good wahoo recipes?

chuckie - 9-29-2015 at 06:46 PM

Google

bajabuddha - 9-29-2015 at 07:04 PM

#1 - Admire & selfie

#2 - release

#3 - Starkist casserole, noodles, parmesan cheese and potato chip crust.

(O/J-ing!) Never ate one, and I hope one never eats ME. I've seen the lure damage; a $50 lure ripped to shreds.

I'm just jealous, that's all. Happy fishing! :coolup:

KurtG - 9-29-2015 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  

IMHO, the simpler the better since it is such a great fish. I grill it with a little lime juice and garlic. I've also done it wrapped in foil with citrus and/or mango salsa. I'm drooling at the thought.

BajaRat - 9-29-2015 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  

Better be eatin some sashimi....... enjoy
Hope to see you guys soon :cool:

DavidT - 9-29-2015 at 10:31 PM

He doesn't have any wahoo recipes posted yet but this might give you some ideas.

http://www.fishermansbelly.com

shari - 9-30-2015 at 07:42 AM

remember this when you are chowing down that wahoo! The wahoo bite is still on here as well as the tuna...gonna smoke more today!

woody with a view - 9-30-2015 at 07:55 AM

do this in the morning. cut the fish to portion size. put in a ziploc and squeeze oranges in the bag to cover the fish. let sit in the fridge until evening and put on a hot grill for a few minutes.

mtnpop - 9-30-2015 at 09:53 AM

saw this one recetly....

GIVE IT TO A NEEDY FAMILY

GRILL A STEAK

KaceyJ - 9-30-2015 at 07:42 PM

Boe

Brine it,

Dry it ,

Smoke it,

otherwise , grill something else

give any yellowtail to the cats:lol:

hoo is imho the best smoked fish period (in Baja) Sierra 2nd

MMc - 9-30-2015 at 08:04 PM

I think wahoo is the best fish grilled bar none.. We grill it quick on a Hot flame, like Tuna. Add a little butter and mexico limes to taste. Smoking wahoo is like smoking tuna belly, it is great but not the best way to treat that quality meat.

captain4tuna - 11-17-2015 at 05:25 PM

I agree.....season with S and P and grill on a very hot flame to medium rare. Before I put the wahoo n the grill, I fire roast 2 or 3 poblanos then peel and seed....Put in blender with some mayo, salt and pepper, a bunch of cilantro, juice and zest of a lime or 2. Blend into a sauce. Serve over fish with slices of avocado, sushi rice and a salad with some raspberry dressing. Mangia

captain4tuna - 11-17-2015 at 05:32 PM

I forgot....a cold pacifico or heiny....whatever floats my boat that day not to mention some hornitos and sangrita to sip

WaaHooo

captkw - 11-17-2015 at 07:23 PM

my self would never ,ever think of smoking one of the fastest,best tasteing fish on this chunk 0f spinning water/dirt ufo....but, that's just me ....much better in a pan or my fav...Da Grill....lightly cooked...and , most important is to kill,bleed,chill and keep under ICE....DUH !!!