BajaNomad

Stomplonada de Tecate/Running of the Bulls!

David K - 9-30-2015 at 01:58 AM

An experiment to bring the famous Spanish event (Pomplonada) to Baja... about 1981...

The pamplonada, or running of the bulls, was ordinarily held in August in the 1980s along one of the main streets, but was canceled because of a series of accidents and violence.

BigBearRider - 9-30-2015 at 03:46 PM

I didn't know about that. I wish I had had a chance to get gored.

TecateRay - 10-1-2015 at 09:37 AM

I was there for that top picture. In fact I used to have a poster sized version. I'm in the upper left quadrant trying to climb over the fence to escape! What a time, lots of adrenalin and youthful ignorance. I was there with two friend who had run at Pamplona. Great memories.

BigBearRider - 10-1-2015 at 09:54 AM

That's awesome, TecateRay!

durrelllrobert - 10-1-2015 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
I didn't know about that. I wish I had had a chance to get gored.

BigBearRider - 10-1-2015 at 02:21 PM

Then again, maybe not.

David K - 10-2-2015 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TecateRay  
I was there for that top picture. In fact I used to have a poster sized version. I'm in the upper left quadrant trying to climb over the fence to escape! What a time, lots of adrenalin and youthful ignorance. I was there with two friend who had run at Pamplona. Great memories.

That's cool to hear... My friend and I were sitting on a cinder block where I took those photos. That wall that wobbled as people got on it for a seat... Viva Mexico! I have a few more from that day... 1981, yes?

David K - 3-11-2021 at 02:52 PM

The subject came up on a Mexican Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/historiadelapeninsuladebajac...