BajaNomad

NEED MEX 1 ROAD CONDITIONS

LaRibereņa - 9-2-2003 at 04:38 PM

A friend is going to be hauling down a 30' travel trailer to Los Barriles and needs to know when the roads are passable, post-Ignacio. Is anyone going soon or recently passed this way? We heard there were problems at Loreto and C. Constitution. Thanks for any help!

honda tom - 9-3-2003 at 10:11 AM

i sure wish someone would reply to your question. im heading down fri the 5th to loreto and need to know the same. i'll be back the 15th to report on conditions, but i dont know if thats soon enough for your friend. good luck

reefrocket - 9-3-2003 at 03:46 PM

Taken from 'Freds board.

Posted by matt on September 01, 2003 at 13:59:13:

In Reply to: Road Conditions posted by MartinV on September 01, 2003 at 10:44:00:

Just got back from Cabo on Saturday night. The roads are fine between TJ and Loreto. Between Loreto and La Paz there are several bridges and sections of the one that were washed out and in a state of repair. One bad section just north of CC required quite a bit of wating on friday as only one lane of traffic could get through at a time. The section of the one between La Paz and Cabo San Jose was still closed on Tuesday, however, the 19 was open. Once again some sections of the road were still under mud, but driveable even for cars. any non-paved roads south of G. Negro are probably questionable at this point.

Posted by Baja Barb on September 02, 2003 at 07:10:29:

In Reply to: Road Conditions posted by MartinV on September 01, 2003 at 10:44:00:

: A friend just drove in, he's 75 years young and said the road is OK. It maybe took him 3 minutes longer in Loreto.He drove all the way down to Buena Vista without any problems

Posted by Rich McGranahan on August 29, 2003 at 17:20:49:

In Reply to: Road Conditions from Loreto to Cabo posted by Donaldo Mittelman on August 29, 2003 at 07:45:50:

I talked to a 18 wheeler driver at 2:00 here in Cabo. He had just come in from the No. He said there were about 14
wash out areas-varying degrees of severity, but no problem getting thru. particularly for car or SUV. Also 2nd hand
info. from driver of small Nissan-they made it. Good luck,
and have a good trip. We will pass you going No.

Sounds like passable but probably some delays to repairs.:D