BajaNomad

Pharmaceutical Question

frizkie - 10-17-2015 at 12:18 AM

Wondering if anyone knows how I would find out if I can buy "Prednisolone 1%" eye drops in Baja Sur...preferably in Los Barriles And how much 10ml would cost in Baja.

I have a rescued dog from Miraflores with an major eye problem and we are in Canada right now but heading down to my Baja home in two weeks for my 6 months stay. To buy these drops here in Canada will cost me $55 Canadian a month, So to buy 6 months worth will be more than I can afford. Without these drops she will go blind which would be such a terrible shame. I found her in the Miraflores dump 4 years ago and she is an amazing dog and she deserves so much more than going blind from lack of funds.
I'd like to phone Amerimed in Los Barriles but I heard it is no longer Amerimed....need to get ahold of Char (nurse) she would know but I don't have a phone number. Please someone HELP!!!!

healthdetective - 10-17-2015 at 05:23 AM

If you have no success in locating your product I will happily send you the money for a 3 months supply via paypal. Keep me posted

Prednisolone 1%

bajaguy - 10-17-2015 at 06:11 AM

I was able to purchase Prednisolone 1% at a couple of pharmacies in Ensenada, just had to look around. I'm sure it will be available in larger cities.

Not sure on the price as it was for a friend in the US, they gave me the OK as it was cheaper in Baja

[Edited on 10-17-2015 by bajaguy]

rogbag - 10-17-2015 at 06:28 AM

It is now East Cape Health Center - phone is 624-124-8203.

xolotl_tj - 10-18-2015 at 02:43 PM

Dr Simi shows three presentations for human consumption, varying in price from 55 pesos to 99 pesos. (Divide by 16 for approximate dollars.)

http://www.farmaciasdesimilares.com.mx/busqueda?palabraRelac...

Nearest Dr Simi to Los Barriles is 72km away in Los Cabos. Any local pharmacy should be able to special-order the medication for you.

[Edited on 2015-10-18 by xolotl_tj]

DENNIS - 10-18-2015 at 03:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
If you have no success in locating your product I will happily send you the money for a 3 months supply via paypal. Keep me posted

This is an unbelievably nice gesture.

Yes, Dennis

frizkie - 10-18-2015 at 08:53 PM

This is a very very nice gesture. There are some people who do understand the plight of Baja Dogs that are thrown in the garbage like grandma's old couch.:no:

I have U2Ued back and am awaiting a reply. :saint:

Thanks so much

frizkie - 10-18-2015 at 08:59 PM

rogbag for the phone number for East Cape Health Center.

And xolotl_tj for info on farmacia similares

Translating meds into Spanish

frizkie - 10-19-2015 at 11:05 AM

Seems to me a few years ago I had found a site that translated English named medications into Spanish....can't find that site now???? Anyone know???

frizkie - 10-21-2015 at 10:45 PM

Thank you so very much "healthdetective" you have made one Baja Dump dog a very happy girl today.
Your donation will keep this dog going and free from pain for 2 months, it may also help save her sight.

You are our HERO!!! :spingrin::tumble:

BajaBlanca - 10-22-2015 at 07:44 AM

:biggrin:

mexicolily - 10-22-2015 at 03:37 PM

:saint:

[Edited on 10-22-2015 by mexicolily]

Correction / healthdetective

frizkie - 10-23-2015 at 09:46 AM

Thank you so very much "healthdetective" you have made one Baja Dump dog a very happy girl today.
Your donation will keep this dog going and free from pain for 2 months, it may also help save her sight.

Excuse me!! but I do need to correct this previous post.... The donation that you sent me for this Baja Dump rescue dog is actually enough for probably FOUR months of her medication, maybe even more. :wow: I am so very grateful for your kindness. If you are ever in my neck of the woods in Baja Sur please stop by. At Rancho Chivirito in El Chorro. Thank you so much.

durrelllrobert - 10-24-2015 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by frizkie  
Seems to me a few years ago I had found a site that translated English named medications into Spanish....can't find that site now???? Anyone know???

Try this site: https://www.healthinfotranslations.org/.../GenericBrandMedicines_SP.pdf

Thanks, Bob but...

frizkie - 10-25-2015 at 12:52 AM

I can't seem to get that link to come up.