BajaNomad

Heading to La Ventanna

kerare2inbaja - 10-22-2015 at 10:37 AM

Heading for La Ventanna. Ready to go after Nov1. Would like to caravan down all or part of the way. Not first time driving in Baja, just first time crossing border with my vehicle. Traveling alone with my dog on this trip.

AKgringo - 10-22-2015 at 11:51 AM

Where are you departing from, and which border crossing do you intend to use?

Do you prefer long hauls, or short hops on the way down?

Camping or Hotels?

Highway 1, or 5, or maybe a little 2, or 3 thrown in?

Last question, what are you driving?

[Edited on 10-22-2015 by AKgringo]

BajaBlanca - 10-22-2015 at 05:48 PM

If you can anticipate your trip a bit, I am driving down next week....open as to what day.

san ysidro is my preferred crossing and basically I will head straight down but company is fun all or part of the way to turn off to punta abreojos just past Vizcaino.

bump

AKgringo - 10-24-2015 at 06:11 PM

Kerare2, It would be easier to hook up with some other travelers if we knew more about your desires, and capabilities.

Are you checking for reply's to your post?

BajaBlanca - 10-25-2015 at 07:26 AM

she wrote to me via U2U so she is checking responses!

Sure wish you could come sooner! I leave this Tuesday in a new used vehicle and would love to have company since it does not move that fast. It is a Suzuki and Les looked long and hard to find one as similar to the Geo tracker I currently have that needed to be replaced. the door on that one has been welded back on twice hahahaha

AKgringo - 10-25-2015 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
she wrote to me via U2U so she is checking responses!

Good to know she is checking. I was planning on crossing into Baja with my dog about the same time, but I would be using Mexicalli, and heading south on highway 5 (in a Kia very much like your Suzuki).

That plan may fall through, or be delayed by some B.S. that is occurring up north right now!

kerare2inbaja - 10-25-2015 at 09:52 AM

Sorry I replied but did not check to see if posted, will try again here. Looking to cross at Tijuana on Monday November 9th. Looking to get to La Ventana in 3-4 days. Try to make Guerro Negro first day. If not Catavina. Second nite stay Loreto. Traveling in my Bronco. Going with another couple from Northern California. Meeting at the border. Staying in motels.