BajaNomad

JOB: Caretaker in Baja California

aiu4840 - 11-2-2015 at 05:46 PM

Opportunity of a life time to live FREE along the ocean in Baja California. We are looking for a caretaker to live on our undeveloped oceanfront 16 acre property. Just Only 3 hours from the Border. Pull up your RV and go fishing, swimming and/or surfing. We require no less than a two year commitment living along the ocean and off the grid. No manual labor is required - just oversee and co-ordinate projects and be our ambassador with the wonderful folks in the little towns near the property. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.

David K - 11-2-2015 at 06:34 PM

Maybe a dream job, and since this is an ad for the job... how much does it pay and/or what are the perks?
Where is it?
Off the grid so no power. What about septic tank and fresh water?
How many days a week do you require the caretaker to be on the site?
Where is your email address to contact you (only Nomad members can use the u2u system), and there are MANY more non-registered Nomads who read this forum daily.

motoged - 11-2-2015 at 06:54 PM

The dream might be that he gets a caretaker to oversee things for free....?

Tioloco - 11-3-2015 at 11:01 AM

One mans deam is another mans nightmare.

pauldavidmena - 11-3-2015 at 03:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Maybe a dream job, and since this is an ad for the job... how much does it pay and/or what are the perks?
Where is it?
Off the grid so no power. What about septic tank and fresh water?
How many days a week do you require the caretaker to be on the site?
Where is your email address to contact you (only Nomad members can use the u2u system), and there are MANY more non-registered Nomads who read this forum daily.

Some very good questions. Perhaps the OP believes the job to be such a dream that the caretaker will not only oversee things without compensation but will pay for water, upkeep of the solar panels, etc. At least point us to a website so that we have some clue about where this might be. "3 hours from the border" on the Pacific covers a lot of real estate.

woody with a view - 11-3-2015 at 03:53 PM

i'm betting SADM north of Colonet.....

David K - 11-3-2015 at 07:27 PM

Undeveloped... may be the land that Canyonman Rob (of Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs fame, before the family bought out his father-in-law's side of the canyon). That was near Las Pulgas, maybe next to the Danish compound?

[Edited on 11-4-2015 by David K]

DENNIS - 11-4-2015 at 08:03 AM

Maybe he should hire a local, with his family, to live on the property as caretakers. Then, later, he'll need a bazooka to get rid of them.

BigBearRider - 11-4-2015 at 11:20 AM

Undeveloped... may be the land that Canyonman Rob (of Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs fame, before the family bought out his father-in-law's side of the canyon). That was near Las Pulgas, maybe next to the Danish compound?

[Edited on 11-4-2015 by David K]

What's the Danish compound?

David K - 11-4-2015 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

What's the Danish compound?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=44047

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=45278

[Edited on 10-1-2022 by David K]

BigBearRider - 11-4-2015 at 11:46 AM

Thanks. I was in Denmark last week, but it sounds awesome to be able to get the culture a little closer to home! I'm going to pay them a visit when I'm in the area!

DENNIS - 11-4-2015 at 12:06 PM

Last I heard, they were far less than hospitable.

motoged - 11-4-2015 at 12:12 PM

Yes....bad rep as a fraudulent cult....

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010/feb/03/cover-mysterious-danish-exotic-compound-baja/#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tvind

http://tvindalertnews.blogspot.ca/2013/05/luxury-life-in-tg-headquars-in-mexico.html

[Edited on 11-4-2015 by motoged]

David K - 11-4-2015 at 12:14 PM

Cult is a word used for this bunch... Interesting that in the aerial photos that you do not see one person, anywhere.

Here is the Google Earth image from August 2014:

motoged - 11-4-2015 at 12:31 PM

David,
Maybe they are really aliens, not Danes, and they don't show up on sat imaging....:?:

Kgryfon - 11-4-2015 at 02:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
David,
Maybe they are really aliens, not Danes, and they don't show up on sat imaging....:?:

Yep. I'm betting Motoged's got it right...

David K - 11-4-2015 at 07:15 PM

I agree, ... who better to know about an alien, than an alien (when he's not in Canada, eh?).

Whale-ista - 11-4-2015 at 08:07 PM

if/when the OP checks in he may think his post has been kidnapped by aliens.

And after reading the article in the SD Reader- sounds more like a cartel than a cult, making millions by dealing in fake nonprofit grants vs. drugs. Ugh.

[Edited on 11-5-2015 by Whale-ista]

motoged - 11-4-2015 at 08:37 PM

I agree, ... who better to know about an alien, than an alien (when he's not in Canada, eh?).

David....a person from another country are visitors....creatures from another galaxy are aliens....

[Edited on 11-5-2015 by motoged]