BajaNomad

Guess Where and other questions...

David K - 1-20-2005 at 08:48 AM

1) Guess where this was taken (Hint, in April 2003, at a place misnamed in the Baja Almanac).

2) Name the truck manufactorer.

3) What is significant about the sticker on the window and the host of this web site?

David K - 1-20-2005 at 08:51 AM

Oh, BajaNomad and Squarecircle are disqualified, as they know the answers, as I emailed this to them already!:lol:

Bob H - 1-20-2005 at 12:56 PM

David, I have no clue where this is or what the sticker means, but I think the truck is manufacturered by JEEP.
Bob H

Looks like a JEEP HONCHO

bajapablo - 1-20-2005 at 03:00 PM

David K - 1-20-2005 at 03:19 PM

Yes, it is a full size Jeep truck (J-10 or J-20). The 'Honcho' trim package was offered on the J-10.

AMC dropped the full size Jeep trucks about the time when they introduced the mid-size Jeep Comanche pickup.

When Chrysler bought AMC/Jeep, the Comanche was dropped, since it directly competed with the Dodge Dakota.

Sticker Hint: The decal say 'TRICK Racing Gasoline', which was a sponser of Score Off Road racing.

Location Hint: Mike Humfreville bought a farm animal here, about 20 years ago (Mike you are disqualified to answer)!

Reread the questions again (1 of 3 now answered).

Well...

Mike Humfreville - 1-24-2005 at 03:56 PM

I don't want to give it away, but I would narrow it down to page 23 of a book we all use.

Two out of Three

David K - 1-24-2005 at 09:49 PM

That's good Mike! I will complete the second answer...

In the center of Map 23 (Baja Almanac) is 'Rancho San Pedro'... except it is shown at Rancho La Bocana... San Pedro is several miles further upstream, by foot or burro, on the Golfo Camino Real (between Santa Gertrudis and San Borja).

The last question still remains unanswered and unguessed...

Okay, what's the connection between Trick Racing Gasoline and the host of our wonderful discussion forum, Mr. Doug Means?

No more guesses??? The Third Answer...

David K - 1-26-2005 at 08:45 AM

TRICK Racing Gasoline was the creation of Doug's (Baja Nomad) father. Doug was in Ensenada for SCORE contingency in the early Score Baja events when Trick was a sponsor.:yes::yes::yes:

Quess

Pompano - 1-26-2005 at 08:54 AM

Okay...here\'s an easy one for you...??? A little newer than the missions.

David K - 1-26-2005 at 09:15 AM

Looks like a yachty hangout, in Cabo!:lol:

Pompano - 1-26-2005 at 09:18 AM

Indeed...the most long-lived bar in Cabo..but not many yachties..mostly old time Baja characters...the original owner was a real character himself...anyone care to guess who that was?