BajaNomad

Any fans of Ritmoson video channel???

Ken Cooke - 11-28-2015 at 12:02 AM

Latin music has been in my blood since the early 90s.

* El Show de Johnny Canales introduced me to 'Selena y los Dinos' before she was played on the radio here. Johnny Canales is now off of the air.

* For Vallenato and Cumbia, Canal 3 de Barranquilla (Colombia) introduced me to artists like 'Pipe Pelaez' who eventually gained popularity outside of Colombia.

Gaining access to a variety of on-air Latin music is a challenge in North America, but thanks to channels like Ritmoson, the good stuff gets aired regularly (and frequently). I subscribe to XM, but the variety there also lacks.

Here's a contemporary rock band (Los Bunkers) that holds their own that gets regular rotation on Ritmoson:

Vallenato doesn't get much (if any) exposure outside of Colombia, and Central America - Pipe Pelaez gets lots of exposure on Ritmoson during their 'Raices' (Roots) early AM program:

Reggaeton gets a lot of rotation at Ritmoson's competing channel HTV, but Ritmoson curates a different level of Urbano than HTV. Here's a red hot example:

How about those 80's classics? Tonight, Ritmoson aired some real classics!!

I have also seen this Argentinean 80s/90s - Vilma Palma e los Vampiros on Ritmoson a few times:

Perhaps the biggest Spanish-language rock act also from Argentina also gets occasional play on Ritmoson:

What Ritmoson offers in variety - HTV, Telehit, and Bandamax fail to meet on several levels. Long live Ritmoson!!:D

ehall - 11-28-2015 at 06:05 AM

Hey ken. I watched the first video. Nice beat but couldn't understand a word.