BajaNomad

Trip Photos from San Carlos over Thanksgiving

JZ - 12-6-2015 at 03:54 PM

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by JZ]

Maron - 12-6-2015 at 04:07 PM

Great shots!! Thanks for sharing.

micah202 - 12-6-2015 at 06:04 PM

...some great memories from San Carlos,,,,used to camp out just beyond the Club Med on that beach...the community just along had some great folks. Thankz for the happy memories! :)

JZ - 12-6-2015 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

...some great memories from San Carlos,,,,used to camp out just beyond the Club Med on that beach...the community just along had some great folks. Thankz for the happy memories! :)

There are 4 beach bars out that way now. Thousands of party people on the weekends.

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by BajaNomad]

micah202 - 12-7-2015 at 12:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

There are 4 beach bars out that way now. Thousands of party people on the weekends.

....aaah well,,,it was good while it lasted.

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by BajaNomad]

StuckSucks - 12-7-2015 at 12:14 PM

Where is this San Carlos you speak of? Sure doesn't look like Mag Bay.

AKgringo - 12-7-2015 at 12:44 PM

This is a "Non Baja Report". This San Carlos is north of Guaymas on the mainland. I haven't been there since 1986, looks a little busier now!

micah202 - 12-7-2015 at 02:54 PM

....had my first family trip to camp there in ~1970,,,an adventurous single mum when yer think about it.
It looks like I camped right where the gazebo is ~10-12 years ago,,,the club med was closed but maintained,,
I guess it's hopping now?

....excellent place for sailing,,,,and the three virgins, islands near Baja weren't in direct view,,
,but sunset would make them seem to appear each evening, as it cast their shadows :o

[Edited on 12-7-2015 by micah202]

StuckSucks - 12-7-2015 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
This is a "Non Baja Report". This San Carlos is north of Guaymas on the mainland. I haven't been there since 1986, looks a little busier now!

Thanks!

JZ - 12-7-2015 at 05:20 PM

The dolphins were jumping.

The water was super flat one evening.

BajaBlanca - 12-7-2015 at 06:40 PM

great pictures!

David K - 12-7-2015 at 10:40 PM

Thanks JZ for great photos! Did you see where they filmed Catch 22?
Thanks Doug for fitting the photos to Nomad. No more side-scrolling!

JZ - 12-7-2015 at 11:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

fitting the photos to Nomad. No more side-scrolling!

You are crazy with this photo size thing. It's like it's imprinted in your brain for some weird reason.

It fit perfectly on my tiny laptop screen (12"). If you had to side scroll you must have a really unusual or old monitor.

Anyway, stop being the photo size police and buy a modern computer or even one from the last 5 years.

David K - 12-8-2015 at 08:24 AM

You have to wonder why Baja Nomad had to edit your post yesterday, if 'size didn't matter'? It was not me, I have no such power.

However, if you would just follow the simple upload setting instructions, set to 800 pixels, like nearly everyone else on Nomad already has, he wouldn't need to work extra in order for your BEAUTIFUL photos to comply here.

My computer is only a year old, thank you... that has nothing to do with the size of Baja Nomad on the Internet, it is 800 pixels wide. No matter how new a computer is, posting a 1,240 pixel wide photo is wider than Nomad. The same is true of any other forum I frequent. The difference they have an automatic shrinker for oversized pictures, and Nomad doesn't.

Now, have a nice day... please!

rts551 - 12-8-2015 at 09:28 AM

You have to wonder why Baja Nomad had to edit your post yesterday, if 'size didn't matter'? It was not me, I have no such power.

However, if you would just follow the simple upload setting instructions, set to 800 pixels, like nearly everyone else on Nomad already has, he wouldn't need to work extra in order for your BEAUTIFUL photos to comply here.

My computer is only a year old, thank you... that has nothing to do with the size of Baja Nomad on the Internet, it is 800 pixels wide. No matter how new a computer is, posting a 1,240 pixel wide photo is wider than Nomad. The same is true of any other forum I frequent. The difference they have an automatic shrinker for oversized pictures, and Nomad doesn't.

When are you going to learn. It has everything to do with your computer. They fit fine on my 14 inch laptop. now they only take up 3/4 of the screen. You have to wonder why some people have no problem at all.

Thanks for the great pictures JZ.

from a 1366/768 resolution screen.

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by rts551]

JZ - 12-8-2015 at 09:53 AM

Two facts I know:

- they didn't "stretch" the page requiring a scroll.
- you couldn't get itt fast enough to make a comment about photo size. Probably got your tape measure out. Weird dude, very weird.

David K - 12-8-2015 at 10:51 AM

Ralph, the photos are fine today, since Doug sized them to fit. Yesterday unless you reduced your screen size, you had to scroll right to see the whole picture and read the whole line of text.

JZ, I was trying to be both nice and helpful, but you just prefer to dig in and resist, I can't help but wonder why? This is a forum for all Baja people to enjoy. Now only you and maybe one or two others won't or can't get the photo sizing request figured, but EVERYONE else HAS. Why is that? Why does the owner of this forum only need to edit your photos if there is no issue?

Come on dude, this is a family friendly site and we all don't get along all the time. I am trying to make less work for Doug by offering help to you or anyone who has not yet set their Photobucket upload size to 800 pixels. It is an offer, you have to want to play. I can't make you! LOL

Seriously let's have fun on Nomad, I don't want a fight!

It remains as easy today as it was two years ago when I posted this how to:

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by David K]

rts551 - 12-8-2015 at 10:56 AM

Ralph, the photos are fine today, since Doug sized them to fit. Yesterday unless you reduced your screen size, you had to scroll right to see the whole picture and read the whole line of text.

Seriously let's have fun on Nomad, I don't want a fight!

YOU did not read my post correctly. They were perfect yesterday...now they are too small...

Using the recommended size on photobucket makes them perfect on y computer.

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by rts551]

David K - 12-8-2015 at 10:58 AM

They are the full width of Nomad, 800 pixels. If the photo is too small than Nomad is too small. ALL photos are 800 pixels or smaller on Nomad, except the very few that have not been sized.

JZ - 12-8-2015 at 12:11 PM

And there he goes.... lol.

rts551 - 12-8-2015 at 01:01 PM

They are the full width of Nomad, 800 pixels. If the photo is too small than Nomad is too small. ALL photos are 800 pixels or smaller on Nomad, except the very few that have not been sized.

You are right. Too small.

DianaT - 12-8-2015 at 07:17 PM

JZ ---- enjoyed your photos a lot. Thank you for posting them and glad I got to enjoy them in the bit laarger format.