BajaNomad

Tent camping Estero Beach area?

John M - 9-3-2003 at 02:58 PM

Does anyone here know of a decent tent camping area near Estero Beach? Thanks.

Joelt - 9-3-2003 at 03:33 PM

There is a camping area at the Estero Beach Hotel where you can tent of RV. The spots clean with grass. Also has clean showers.

Not without ...

Msal - 9-3-2003 at 09:07 PM

A self contained Rv, camper or trailer. They have changed their rules and they adhere to them strictly. Camping can be found at the beach north of Estero,at Corona Beach, I think?Was just there in August and spoke with the Boss (of Estero) and confirmed the "no tent camping " new law.To clarify this, if you have one of the above mentioned, you can pitch a tent in the area aound you.It is lovely, well maintained, but at 25$ a nite!! May be different now that summer is over. They also charge 5$ per extra person.Go to Baja.com to get more info.

Mikey - 9-4-2003 at 05:55 AM

Down south a few more miles on the road to the blowhole are La Jolla & Villarino' campgrounds w/ showers, etc. Should be nice and quiet now that school is started.

Anonymous - 9-4-2003 at 08:16 AM

This is a little vague, but before you make that last left turn to get to Estero Beach Hotel, instead, go straight. You will come to the beach - turn right and there are a couple camping choices there. It's only 4 miles from Estero Beach Hotel. You can conveniently go there for breakfast or dinner.

I like Mikeys'

Msal - 9-4-2003 at 07:34 PM

Idea! This time of year on that beautiful stretch of beach ,well thats where I would go, and I lived at Estero Beach for many years. Essentially, the peninsula that juts out from the Punta Bunda road is about as nice as it gets in the area. There is also a hotsprings that you can sit in when the tide is right. Have fun!