BajaNomad

End of a (surf) era: Windansea shack damaged

Whale-ista - 12-24-2015 at 03:37 PM

Since many of you surf in SoCal as well as Baja, thought this would be of note: the "Pumphouse Gang" shack is getting battered by king tides and storm surf. Sad to see it getting knocked around...could be the end of an era for this historic landmark.

"High tides along San Diego’s coastline could bring some coastal flooding through Christmas Day.

"The National Weather Service issued a statement, noting low-lying areas, including Imperial Beach, South Mission Beach, La Jolla Shores, Cardiff and Oceanside, could see tides as high as nearly 8 feet.

"Forecasters say area parking lots, streets and low-lying buildings could be at risk to flooding.

"At Windansea Beach, the waves were damaging the famous surfer Shack. By 9:30 a.m. Thursday, caution tape roped off the Shack to prevent it from toppling over on a bystander."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/High-Tides-Could-Bring...

woody with a view - 12-24-2015 at 04:17 PM

if the Wind-an crew need some assistance from the Sunset Cliffs crew to resurrect the shack all they gotta do is ask!

i'm guessing they got it handled....

BornFisher - 12-24-2015 at 04:47 PM

Geeeese..... first Hot Curl and now this!!!

mtgoat666 - 12-24-2015 at 05:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
if the Wind-an crew need some assistance from the Sunset Cliffs crew to resurrect the shack all they gotta do is ask!

i'm guessing they got it handled....

I think the people in the wind and sea neighborhood can afford to repair a little old palapa shack...

MMc - 12-24-2015 at 08:58 PM

Wind and sea has been taking care of itself for many years. No thanks to goat. Have a nice day, goat!!!

Lee - 12-25-2015 at 07:35 AM

Lost our weather vane couple months ago at 'Nofre. Donations being gratefully accepted. Longboards only.

Chupacabra - 1-6-2016 at 08:45 AM

It happens now and again, especially during El Nino years.

We will rebuild.

http://macmedadestruction.com/windansea-shack-la-jolla-histo...

Chupacabra - 1-6-2016 at 08:51 AM