BajaNomad

Graham Mackintosh Presentation

GC - 1-6-2016 at 11:12 AM

Posted on the Punta Banda Board:

"Get ready for an afternoon of entertainment as legendary Baja author,explorer, and adventurer, Graham Mackintosh, regales us with tales and slides of his latest Baja Adventures 13 Feb at 2 P.M.

Mackintosh’s four books, true explorer spirit, and thousands of seminars have earned him the role as Baja’s most acclaimed adventuring icon. His words and humor that relived his memories, his pictures that showed Baja’s “kindly and generous strangers” and his descriptions of unexplored Baja like a “simple meal shared on a remote beach” drove many to explore the undeveloped, under explored regions of Baja.

The award-winning adventurer ,Graham Mackintosh, is the author of the Baja books “Into a Desert Place,” “Journey with a Baja Burro,” “Marooned with Very Little Beer,” and “Nearer My Dog to Thee.” www.grahammackintosh.com

Please plan to join us at the Gertrude Pearlman Theater, La Jolla Camp, located in Punta Banda (on the road to LaBufadora).

Price: No charge for admission. Donations will be accepted.

Contact person: Nancy Crow
Email: crowbaja@gmail.com;D

[Edited on 1-6-2016 by GC]

BigBearRider - 1-6-2016 at 11:14 AM

When?

Date/time

GC - 1-6-2016 at 11:20 AM

Feb 13TH, 2 P.M.

BigBearRider - 1-6-2016 at 11:33 AM

Thanks! Calendar marked. I hope to make it.

Cielomar - 1-6-2016 at 02:46 PM

Graham may want to take the bus down there from San Diego!!

David K - 1-6-2016 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cielomar  

Hauling the PowerPoint projector, screen, and boxes of books from the bus stop to the venue may be one good reason?
:light:

(I get the joke in light of his car being stolen, last trip south)

BigBearRider - 1-6-2016 at 03:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Cielomar  

Hauling the PowerPoint projector, screen, and boxes of books from the bus stop to the venue may be one good reason?
:light:

(I get the joke in light of his car being stolen, last trip south)

I don't think he'd walk that far, let alone while carrying anything. :spingrin:

BajaBlanca - 1-6-2016 at 06:51 PM

I would love to know what presentations are being done further south? Do one close to La Bocana Graham!

Ateo - 1-6-2016 at 06:53 PM

I would really like to make this. Checking calendar. Valentine's Day weekend.............maybe I can convince mi esposa.

Graham McIntosh to speak on 2/13/16

bigmike - 1-9-2016 at 10:54 AM

Graham Mackintosh, Baja author and explorer will be the Gertrude Pearlman Theater’s guest speaker on Saturday,

February 13 at 2:00pm

Get ready for an afternoon of entertainment as legendary Baja author ,explorer, and adventurer, Graham Mackintosh, regales us with tales and slides of his latest Baja Adventures.

Mackintosh’s four books, true explorer spirit, and thousands of seminars have earned him the role as Baja’s most acclaimed adventuring icon. His words and humor that relived his memories, his pictures that showed Baja’s “kindly and generous strangers” and his descriptions of unexplored Baja like a “simple meal shared on a remote beach” drove many to explore the undeveloped, under explored regions of Baja.

The award-winning adventurer ,Graham Mackintosh, is the author of the Baja books “Into a Desert Place,” “Journey with a Baja Burro,” “Marooned with Very Little Beer,” and “Nearer My Dog to Thee.” www.grahammackintosh.com

Please plan to join us at the Gertrude Pearlman Theater, La Jolla Camp, located in Punta Banda (on the road to LaBufadora).

Price: No charge for admission. Donations will be accepted.

Contact person: Nancy Crow

Email: crowbaja@gmail.com

David K - 1-9-2016 at 11:46 AM

Graham's PowerPoint shows make a 'sweetheart' of an evening for everyone!

bajaguy - 1-9-2016 at 12:11 PM

If you show up, I'll buy you a beer

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I would really like to make this. Checking calendar. Valentine's Day weekend.............maybe I can convince mi esposa.

bajaguy - 1-9-2016 at 12:18 PM

That would be a Saturday

Quote: Originally posted by GC  
Feb 13TH, 2 P.M.

TedZark - 1-9-2016 at 12:57 PM

To whom is that offer limited? I'll trade you back and forth!

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

[Edited on 1-9-2016 by TedZark]

bajaguy - 1-9-2016 at 06:40 PM

Ted, if you show up, I'll buy you one also

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
To whom is that offer limited? I'll trade you back and forth!

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

[Edited on 1-9-2016 by TedZark]