BajaNomad

Dog friendly hotel near ensenada with secure parking

WideAngleWandering - 1-30-2016 at 09:31 AM

Howdy nomads,

I usually stay at Hotel Santo Tomás on Ensenada on my way fro Sacramento to Scammons Lagoon. They have secure parking, excellent fish machaca in the attached restaurant, and it's about a day's drive from Sac.

However, on my next trip my buddy will have his dog and while I've yet to call and confirm, I don't think Santo Tomás is dog friendly.

Can y'all recommend something dog friendly with secure parking near San Miguel/Ensenada? We'll be coming down I5 and crossing over in TJ. I drive an old truck and probably won't get much further south than Ensenada. I figure worst case I roll into Punta Banda kinda late and camp.

Still, I hate to miss out on Cazuelitas' fish machaca in town ...

Hacienda Rancho Santini

Ken Cooke - 9-26-2016 at 07:34 PM

If the dog is 20# or less, I would suggest Hacienda Rancho Santini. They are on Expedia.com and is located at KM 40 north of Puerto Nuevo.

Howard - 9-26-2016 at 08:28 PM

I and my pooch have stayed at:
Hotel Plaza Fatima

address: Carretera Tecate-Ensenada Km. 92, San Antonio de las Minas, 22766 Ensenada, B.C., Mexico

Phone: +52 646 155 3279

It's very basic but clean. They usually ask for around $75 a night but I have found them to be very negotiable. No problem with dogs so you don't have to sneak them in.