BajaNomad

Tuesday Feb. 9, 6:30 pm- San Diego Presentation: Insider's Tips to Gray Whales in Baja's Lagoons

Whale-ista - 1-31-2016 at 01:46 PM

2016 is shaping up to be another great year for whales in Baja. If you are interested in driving south to see them in person, I look forward to offering this "Insider's Tips" to friends and Baja travelers in San Diego. (Newbies and experienced alike are welcome.)

This presentation will be about one of my passions: helping people who want to visit the gray whales in Baja California Sur's lagoons: how to prepare, what to expect, guiding options, where to go, where to stay along the way, etc.

It will be a fun, relaxing evening- I welcome your participation!

Please be sure to RSVP via Facebook. The host is requesting a $5 donation to cover costs of the presentation; light refreshments will be provided.

(The location is near the Old Town Trolley station, so take the trolley if you prefer not to drive.)

RSVP here for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/870988753017511/

The size of these whales, as shown via this skeleton on display at the Ojo de Liebre Visitor's Center

Guide Maldo Fischer, San Ignacio lagoon, capturing some of the magic on video to share with his clients

The guides enjoy their jobs!

The life of a gray whale can be difficult- lots of hazards along the long journey, that often result in scars and injuries.

The lagoons are beautiful in their own right- the scenery is unforgettable.

Hope to meet some Nomads in person at this event!

[Edited on 1-31-2016 by Whale-ista]