BajaNomad

San Luis to San Felipe

rts551 - 2-2-2016 at 03:24 PM

Crossed at San Luis and got sent to secondary. They looked and did not care about anything including the washing machine. asked if I had a TV.

On hwy 2 there was a check point. Everyone getting waved through until I get there. Waved over. It was INM...He said they are doing random checks on the hwys. Want to see my passport but I showed him my immigration card and said go with a smile.

Nasty head on where 2 meats 5.

rest of the way no problem.....light traffic.

rts551 - 2-2-2016 at 03:27 PM

Oh. I told him they need to put up a sign...Passport required... he looked at me funny and flipped me the bird

David K - 2-2-2016 at 04:02 PM

"Tourist Card Required, stop at INM office ahead" is what we were saying the sign should say, and of course, you need a passport to get one! :light:

rts551 - 2-2-2016 at 05:29 PM

I am surprised at you. You must not be a true conservative. Someone has to put the sign up...then someone has to maintain it..then it is just the beginning... more signs will be requested by others. soon we will have the sign department on BOTH sides.

bajabuddha - 2-2-2016 at 05:50 PM

Speaking of passports, just re-applied for mine today..... not even expired yet. Jayzus wept !!!!! $110 just for the renewal, then postage, money order (NO VISA card allowed, cash or check and I don't carry checks any more) plus postage, passport photo and handling, $140+ ?? Damn, good thing i'm older and less tense..... :o

Sorry for the hijack, had to vent. Oops! coulda gone to the 'hijack' thread, huh! :light:

woody with a view - 2-2-2016 at 08:28 PM

can one renew the card only, without renewing the passport?

WestyWanderer - 2-7-2016 at 11:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
can one renew the card only, without renewing the passport?

No Woody you can't only renew your card. You can only get/renew the card when you renew your passport. (Just went through the process)