BajaNomad

stuck at the border

pescaderopeople - 2-12-2016 at 01:24 PM

anyone want company driving south? i am new to this baja nomad site, sorry i didn't read all this information before we hit the border uninformed yesterday. we are going to try to get through with our trailer this evening at tecate. i have messaged the person who posted about heading to san ignacio. my partner has made this drive several times but not in the last 7 years and things have tightened up quite a bit. we got turned away at the border three times yesterday for various reasons.

Udo - 2-12-2016 at 01:55 PM

If you cross at Tecate, beware of the construction detours.
Use the search function on Nomads to direct you where to drive.

NE14Baja - 2-12-2016 at 02:36 PM

What issues were the cause of entry denial? Obviously DMV related, was it the car or trailer? I've always just used the registration that indicate my name and address which match my CA drivers license.
Has anything changed, are titles required now?

pescaderopeople - 2-12-2016 at 04:14 PM

no, i think nothing has changed, my partner has just had good luck at the border so often in the past that he didn't have his paperwork in order.

NE14Baja - 2-12-2016 at 04:16 PM

Check your U2U, I've sent you a request to give me a call

BajaBlanca - 2-13-2016 at 11:23 AM

three times. what a bummer. good luck with the rest of the trip! It should be smooth from now on.

NE14Baja - 2-22-2016 at 07:32 AM

Just got back from San Ignacio last night. Crossing the border in Tijuana with a camping trailer was uneventful, only document requested was the trailer registration. Never asked for my license to verify ownership or insurance policy.
Cursory inspection and sent on our way.

The rest of the story

bajaguy - 2-22-2016 at 07:59 AM

Wonder what happened to pescaderopeople??

DENNIS - 2-22-2016 at 08:10 AM

I think you had to be there.