BajaNomad

Albino whale in Ojo de Liebre?

Whale-ista - 3-4-2016 at 12:22 AM

Hmmm- Shari, have you seen this whale?

http://californiahoy.net/2016/03/03/video-fotos-ballena-albi...

OCEANUS - 3-4-2016 at 02:18 PM

A female that size has to have been seen before, somewhere.

Are the individuals habitual in their behavior, returning to the same lagoon each year?

Or do they tend to show up in different lagoons across the years?

TedZark - 3-6-2016 at 07:10 AM

We saw the albino whale just a few days ago in the lagoon ojos de libre.
My photos of it are too big to upload.

[Edited on 3-6-2016 by TedZark]

sargentodiaz - 3-6-2016 at 05:39 PM

Just read on a Mexican news site this morning that she's got a calf and has been returning to the bay for several years now.

shari - 3-7-2016 at 11:08 AM

Hola amigos....I have been super busy schmoozing with whales at Ojo de Liebre and hardly ever in town with internet soooooo....we have been visiting this white whale since the last week of January. I believe she is piebald and not albino as she has coloration but it looks more like a pigment issue than true albino. Her calf is beautiful and very black with the normal mottling due to barnacle rubbing on mom.

We call her Paloma Blanca and she is either very lazy or weak as she sleeps all day long and rarely swims except to get away from all the pangas bugging her...EVERYONE wants to see the white whale and she is very easy to spot and is so weak she doesnt care that boats come close....but after alot of panga visits she swims away to a place where there are no boats.

She was last seen about 4 days ago in the lagoon so I was surprised to hear they spotted her in California but maybe.

I was so happy to have my family and friends to the lagoon for my birthday too...and I got my birthday kiss from this little cutey!

[Edited on 3-7-2016 by shari]

[Edited on 3-7-2016 by shari]