BajaNomad

BEAUTIFUL RANCHO PACKARD HOUSE FOR SALE

DENNIS - 3-16-2016 at 01:04 PM

Nice place....fer sure.

JC43 - 3-16-2016 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Nice place....fer sure.

I agree grudgingly b/c it is Dennis who said it first. But I agree:::: One of the best places I have seen for sale in Baja.
Congrats to the owners!

SFandH - 3-16-2016 at 03:03 PM

Wow! Nice house!

I've often thought Punta Banda is like Point Loma in San Diego but with a lot less people.

Perfect year round climate.

If anybody is thinking "maybe" and is not familiar with Punta Banda, check it out.

motoged - 3-16-2016 at 04:09 PM

Nice place....

How stable are those hillsides?

http://www.witpress.com/Secure/elibrary/papers/9781845646509/9781845646509011FU1.pdf

osterhusm - 3-16-2016 at 04:56 PM

We have had the property since 1990 and the house was built in 2002. The hillsides are stable. See the virtual tour at:
www.bajaoceanviewdreamhome.com

Bajahowodd - 3-16-2016 at 05:04 PM

Awesome place. Can't imagine it being on the market for long.

DianaT - 3-16-2016 at 05:09 PM

Is the current land lease transferable and if so, how many years remain on the lease.

Thank you --- BEAUTIFUL PLACE

DENNIS - 3-16-2016 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Nice place....

How stable are those hillsides?

Very. They've been here for over a hundred years.

DENNIS - 3-16-2016 at 08:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by osterhusm  
The Esparza family has promised that the new buyer will have a new lease that is the same as the existing one. The lease payment is $125 per month. Feel free to call us for details at: (619) 249-1286.

Meaningless.

EnsenadaDr - 3-16-2016 at 08:52 PM

The income bracket in Point Loma is in the upper echelon of retirees. Point Loma residents that own their home also own their land. Punta Banda is very nice but comparing it to Point Loma is stretching it considerably. Also the Punta Banda Yacht Club cannot compare to Point Loma Sportfishing!! I am certainly not in the social circles of Point Loma that is for sure, neither the financial ones.

Bob and Susan - 3-18-2016 at 06:20 AM

... Money transactions are conducted through U.S. banks with contracts subject to U.S. laws, which are generally certified by a notary.

what if you are from Italy or france or Canada and not the USA

I think transactions are due in Mexico and taxes too

DENNIS - 3-18-2016 at 07:21 AM

Technically, the lessor, the landlord, owns everything attached to his property. I don't say this only to be argumentative. I also live, with a sizable investment, on leased land, and accepted this fact from the git-go.
Anyway...wadda ya gonna do if the lease isn't renewed? Pick up your home and head down the road?
Leases, if in fact they are real, legal, and binding can be written for no longer than ten years minus one day. Any "promises" to give extensions, the ol' 10 plus 10 plus whatever, are unenforceable in court. Absolute nonsense
I only wish sellers would get their facts straight before offering them to the market.
On the other hand..."caveat emptor" and due diligence are on the buyer.

[Edited on 3-18-2016 by DENNIS]

mtgoat666 - 3-18-2016 at 07:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Wow! Nice house!

I've often thought Punta Banda is like Point Loma in San Diego but with a lot less people.

If anybody is thinking "maybe" and is not familiar with Punta Banda, check it out.

Punta Banda is nothing like pt Loma. Perhaps a superficial resemblance in they are both geographic largish hilly points. That's like saying lake Washington and Arctic Ocean are the same because they are both water.

Re real estate. Put Loma has safe title, Mexico does not, so any purchase should be looked at as potentially lost money

EnsenadaDr - 3-18-2016 at 09:01 AM

My daughter will be 18 in a year and a half and has dual citizenship. Would this help with buying land on the ocean area?

Technically, the lessor, the landlord, owns everything attached to his property. I don't say this only to be argumentative. I also live, with a sizable investment, on leased land, and accepted this fact from the git-go.
Anyway...wadda ya gonna do if the lease isn't renewed? Pick up your home and head down the road?
Leases, if in fact they are real, legal, and binding can be written for no longer than ten years minus one day. Any "promises" to give extensions, the ol' 10 plus 10 plus whatever, are unenforceable in court. Absolute nonsense
I only wish sellers would get their facts straight before offering them to the market.

EnsenadaDr - 3-18-2016 at 09:04 AM

Not to belabor a point but Point Loma has its own culture and relatively "old" San Diego money. Depending what you are looking for. Punta Banda has it's own clique but many renegades that are their own person.You will fit into Punta Banda no matter what type of person you are, unless of course you aren't accepting of the Mexican culture and lifestyle.
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Wow! Nice house!

Punta Banda is nothing like pt Loma. Perhaps a superficial resemblance in they are both geographic largish hilly points. That's like saying lake Washington and Arctic Ocean are the same because they are both water.

Re real estate. Put Loma has safe title, Mexico does not, so any purchase should be looked at as potentially lost money

DENNIS - 3-18-2016 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
My daughter will be 18 in a year and a half and has dual citizenship. Would this help with buying land on the ocean area

The property in question isn't for sale.

DENNIS - 3-18-2016 at 11:18 AM

All lease hold improvements (house and any structures) are owned by the lessee. The land is leased from the property owner who pays any appropriate taxes, while the lessee pays only the lease payments agreed to in the land lease contract. Transfer of ownership of lease hold improvements is conducted entirely between buyer and seller, with separate negotiations regarding a land lease done solely with the property owner. Money transactions are conducted through U.S. banks with contracts subject to U.S. laws, which are generally certified by a notary.

Could anyone who has invested so much time and money on a house in Mexico, truly be this misinformed?
I'm not sure where I would begin...so I won't.
Good luck with your sale.

chuckie - 3-18-2016 at 11:45 AM

Clearly they could, Dennis.....and a lot are....

DENNIS - 3-18-2016 at 01:51 PM

Yeah...I suppose you're right, Chuckie. Sad....ain't it.

vandenberg - 3-18-2016 at 02:00 PM

On the other hand, not all property owners are bandits.
So it helps to know the folks you're dealing with. Not the realtor.

DENNIS - 3-20-2016 at 07:40 AM

True dat, Mr. Ed. It would also help to know how long he/she will live, because when he goes, the promises go with him.

wadda ya gonna do if the lease isn't renewed?

durrelllrobert - 3-20-2016 at 04:18 PM

Assuming that you have a good Mexican Homeowners insurance policy, there's always the jewish lightening option:lol::lol:

mtgoat666 - 3-20-2016 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Assuming that you have a good Mexican Homeowners insurance policy, there's always the jewish lightening option:lol::lol:

I think the antisemitism is a bit unwarranted.

Just go forward under the basis that the house is lost at end of loan period with you realizing no sale value. One could negotiate a Lease with the prop owner that requires them to buy the house if lease not renewed. If it can't be negotiated, walk away; or pay today no more than the net present value of what you would pay to rent the house for the loan period.

durrelllrobert - 3-20-2016 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I think the antisemitism is a bit unwarranted.

Antsemitism? First of all a didn't capitalize "jewish" and secondly that is a common term (see Urban dictionary, etc) that is even used by Jewish people to describe the cause of a fire which is in fact deliberately lit by the property owner in order to benefit from insurance. According to the web site: http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/official-ask-a-jewish-person-thread.2041/
This phrase is no more offensive to them than Jewish piano (cash register) or Jewish canoe (Cadilac).

dtbushpilot - 3-20-2016 at 05:57 PM

I guess it is all pretty much irrelevant as it pertains to the post, it seems that the poster has deleted his post and moved on.....whoda seen that coming? Another Nomad job well done, congratulations guys and gals...

DENNIS - 3-20-2016 at 06:52 PM

Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Udo - 3-21-2016 at 04:48 AM

There were just too many negatives for the buyer to have an incentive to buy the house.

dtbushpilot - 3-21-2016 at 06:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
There were just too many negatives for the buyer to have an incentive to buy the house.

There were no "buyers" here on Baja Nomad just a bunch of negative comments ending with "nice house though". It didn't take Osterhusm long to realize that posting a MX house for sale on Nomads wasn't going to help him get it sold.

[Edited on 3-21-2016 by dtbushpilot]

motoged - 3-21-2016 at 03:56 PM

Bob,
It's difficult to rationalize ethnic and racist slurs....even by adding more.... :no:

Antsemitism? First of all a didn't capitalize "jewish" and secondly that is a common term (see Urban dictionary, etc) that is even used by Jewish people to describe the cause of a fire which is in fact deliberately lit by the property owner in order to benefit from insurance. According to the web site: http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/official-ask-a-jewish-person-thread.2041/
This phrase is no more offensive to them than Jewish piano (cash register) or Jewish canoe (Cadilac).

[Edited on 3-21-2016 by motoged]

Bajahowodd - 3-27-2016 at 03:52 PM

The term Jewish lightning dates back decades, and its foundation is in New York. I can attest that the term is widely used in the insurance industry for arson. It comes from a simpler time, when folks did not have so many bogeymen to vilify.

Like it or not, it is what it is.

bajabuddha - 3-27-2016 at 05:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
The term Jewish lightning dates back decades, and its foundation is in New York. I can attest that the term is widely used in the insurance industry for arson. It comes from a simpler time, when folks did not have so many bogeymen to vilify.

Like it or not, it is what it is.

And so is bigotry, anti-Semitism, stupidity, and the George Wallace voting base. Long live WASPS...... or not.......