BajaNomad

lots for sale south of Bahia de los Angeles

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 01:50 PM

OWC OWNER FIANCING AVAILABLE with half down. All documents in order for this 22,400 square foot lot(almost half an acre) with 98 feet of beach front. Not a lease land sale, you will have your name at the accesors (Public Registry)office in Ensenada Baja California Mexico. You will need a bank trust if a foreign citizen of Mexico, the bank holds the title in your name for you. Also I have Tourist Use Title, which makes it a whole lot easier for permits for a home build. It's an easy transfer process. Anything built here will be 100% off grid. Mediterranean style stone home is recommended.
This is only boat accesible until 2018, the(dirt but leveled) road will come in from the south but it still will require a 4x4 and will still be off the grid making it private and secure. It's about 7.5 hour drive from San Diego, there is a paved airstrip in town. And the Mexican Navy is making a small base there, they are the credible and honest. Great for security. Bajaairventures.com is located on the same stretch of beach. They are a great eco-resort that have been on numerous magazines. WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF THE AREA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnD74sAEPi8.
This is truly a paradise: a sea lion sanctuary(small island) is visible from the property, a designated scuba with coral is right in front about 20 meters away, sea turtles beach and rest here, whales are always in the area such as whale sharks, orcas, blue, and humpback. Fishing is incredible. Hurricanes do not pass here(we do get rare storms). I am selling only 2 more lots. I have sold 3 and you may contact them as a reference. All are american citizens. All pictures are of the land for sale. Some of the lots are flat with beach sand and others are at a slop/incline with amazing views. 702-689-0963
$35,000 this does not include Fideiocomisio aka bank trust or other notario fees.

[Edited on 3-25-2016 by cristian75a]

[Edited on 3-25-2016 by cristian75a]

DENNIS - 3-24-2016 at 02:30 PM

"OWC OWNER FIANCING AVAILABLE with half down."

Amazing how the ol' days never outgrow themselves.
Scams like this shouldn't be allowed out in public.

BigBearRider - 3-24-2016 at 02:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

What makes you say this is a scam?

BTW, it would probably help if the OP posted prices.

motoged - 3-24-2016 at 02:37 PM

Nice beach...

larryC - 3-24-2016 at 03:14 PM

I do agree that Alacran beach is beautiful, but the 7.5 hours drive from San Diego is a little optimistic. It takes me 9 hours to drive to Bahia and then from there this beach is another 1 hour at least by boat. Hurricanes don't come through there? Not often but they do. The road is coming in from the south? Wow, that will be a treat, I'll believe that when I see it. I have been hoping for a paved road down to my house and it is only 4 clicks south of Bahia. Private and Secure? The Mexican navy is building a base there? You must mean in Bahia, where they already have a base. I agree with private, but secure, well I wouldn't leave anything of value there, it will have grown legs and wandered off by the time you get back. Better plan on hiring a full time watchman to be there when no one else is. Beautiful place though, for the right price it could be a great opportunity for someone.

Hook - 3-24-2016 at 03:45 PM

Is this the beach where La Unica is or where the Las Animas yurt camp is?

Actually, on Google Earth, isnt Punta El Soldado misplaced. Isnt the first point south of Punta Pescadero actually Punta El Alacran?

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 05:23 PM

This is not a scam sir, before you open your mouth, please think a little.

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 05:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

What makes you say this is a scam?

BTW, it would probably help if the OP posted prices.

yes, thank you, forgot the most important part

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 05:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
I do agree that Alacran beach is beautiful, but the 7.5 hours drive from San Diego is a little optimistic. It takes me 9 hours to drive to Bahia and then from there this beach is another 1 hour at least by boat. Hurricanes don't come through there? Not often but they do. The road is coming in from the south? Wow, that will be a treat, I'll believe that when I see it. I have been hoping for a paved road down to my house and it is only 4 clicks south of Bahia. Private and Secure? The Mexican navy is building a base there? You must mean in Bahia, where they already have a base. I agree with private, but secure, well I wouldn't leave anything of value there, it will have grown legs and wandered off by the time you get back. Better plan on hiring a full time watchman to be there when no one else is. Beautiful place though, for the right price it could be a great opportunity for someone.

It takes me 7.5 hours not towing anything to drive to bahia, and another 30 minute boat trip. The navy is making a larger permanent base there, they were at airstrip heading to La Gringa but always temporary, hurricanes do not come up here, but we have gotten the storms and the bad flood like the one from 3 years ago. road is already in the books, projected to start, but lets see

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 05:37 PM

this is where Las Animas is. The name of this beach area is El Alacran. Kevin aka Camp Las Animas aka Bajaairventures.com is northernmost part, mine is the southernmost of the land that was available for purchase.
La Unica was bought by Carlos Slims representative in the area and he even put solar street lights on the beach, he was going to do an eco camp similar to Kevins but not as rustic but he let the wrong people try and run it.

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 05:42 PM

thank you, not my pic but i wish I could post my personal pics of the area

Udo - 3-24-2016 at 05:56 PM

Do you need help in posting your own photos?

Quote: Originally posted by cristian75a  
thank you, not my pic but i wish I could post my personal pics of the area

dtbushpilot - 3-24-2016 at 05:58 PM

cristian75a welcome to Baja Nomad. Please forgive my Nomad brethren for their ball busting about your property but if you have been following Baja Nomad you would have known better than to post a property for sale here. Nobody here is going to buy your or anyone else's property, not because your property isn't worthy of consideration but because that's just how we roll here on Nomads. There are better places to advertise MX property, good luck with your sale.

DENNIS - 3-24-2016 at 07:00 PM

This is not a scam sir, before you open your mouth, please think a little.

Nonsense. Owners can't offer anything but a senseless promise in financing. The holder of the title remains such until title is transferred. What is their guarantee that this will take place?
Banks won't even finance.

larryC - 3-24-2016 at 07:25 PM

It takes me 7.5 hours not towing anything to drive to bahia, and another 30 minute boat trip. The navy is making a larger permanent base there, they were at airstrip heading to La Gringa but always temporary, hurricanes do not come up here, but we have gotten the storms and the bad flood like the one from 3 years ago. road is already in the books, projected to start, but lets see

Are you trying to say that the Navy is going to build a permanent base at El Alacran? Or are you referring to the base already at Bahia?
As far as the hurricanes, I have had a house and lived in Bahia since '98, there have been 3 hurricanes in that time, granted they are usually about blown out by the time they get that far north but they still pack a pretty good punch. Ask the people in town about 9/16/14.
Your land is beautiful, and Alacran beach is one of the best. Kevin and his staff up the beach would be really good neighbors. One of the big problems I can see for anyone interested in your place will be fresh water. Kevin has to bring his in by boat. Any way I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Every place has its own problems but they can all be overcome by a little ingenuity.
Beautiful property good luck with your sale, I think the price is reasonable.
Larry

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 08:05 PM

yes, I listed it as 100% off grid. water will have to be boated in or a reverse osmosis.
no in town, the navy is staying there permanently, by the airstrip. thanks, yes I offer escritura, which i very rare and Tourist use Title

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 08:08 PM

As I am the owner 100% I can finance, and I have financed one of the buyers at 0%. All my buyers are available for reference. Everything gets done at a notary in Ensenada, pick your Notary.
All my buyers names also appear at Registro Publico in Ensenada.

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 08:10 PM

A friend who posted and sold a lot here a while back recommended me this site. Ill give it a try.
thanks

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 08:24 PM

no one has legal subdivision in the area and only offer contracts of sale, Carlos Slim bought the parcel next to mine, another friend owns 20 hectares there, No idea who else.
no idea what they plan on doing at La Unica but they are buying a lot of land in the area. I am the only one that can offer escritura.
Your half acre lots seem small for the area. Who owns the balance of the land area?

If Carlos slim's whack at developing la unica is a failure, is it for sale again?[/rquote]

[file]33444[/file]

freediverbrian - 3-24-2016 at 09:36 PM

With financing and title aside , with no roads , no security , off grid . it seems over priced

bajabuddha - 3-24-2016 at 10:26 PM

Cristian, welcome to NoMania 101. My first post here was trying to sell a simple one meter satellite dish, and was subsequently crucified. It's an initiation rite into the realm of curmudgeons and crawlers who want to put you in your place. You'll do better advertising elsewhere..... it ain't the 'establishment' who is whacking you. Your property and endeavors are your own business, the 'let the buyer beware' standard applies especially to Baja as everyone on these boards know. I'm sure you have met more than just a few ex-pats who have nothing better to do than throw rocks at 'newbies' because they represent everything the Old Tymers did themselves and hate the fact they can't any more. They started this 'gold rush' for land, privacy, and of course, profit. I personally call it the "Last Pioneer" syndrome; they all want to be the last in, and slam the door behind them. You unfortunately are a threat.

I wish you well in your endeavors, and wish I were younger so I could jump into south bay of Bahia LA. Great place; had an opportunity 15 years ago to buy a place in Gecko camp; passed it up. TOO LATE.

Buena Suerte.

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 10:28 PM

show me a beach front off grid at a lower price with proper documentation?
most people I see have homes with very questionable paperwork, or build these amazing homes on leased land(foolish). If there was a road to my property I would be asking 200k

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 10:30 PM

I like it, I love to bust balls too thank you.

Buena Suerte. [/rquote]

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 10:32 PM

no idea who is funding the road
i have no idea who or how the neighbors lots are. my land is in green

cristian75a - 3-24-2016 at 10:34 PM

thank you

Santiago - 3-25-2016 at 05:23 AM

I only get maybe 10-12 days a year on the water when I'm in Camp Gecko and I make sure to spend some of it in these bays. We often anchor up around noon, swim and eat lunch. One of my favorite places on the planet.

I have a few questions:

1. What is an escritura? If it is a contract to sell as you state, what are the conditions that must be met in order for you transfer title?

2. When you say, "no one has a legal subdivision in the area", what does that mean? It must be subdivided to a certain extent or how did you and your neighbors get ownership? Do you actually own the land and pay the taxes on it?

I am more than willing to get answers to these questions via U2U if you don't want them to be public.

Thanks

SFandH - 3-25-2016 at 09:45 AM

The original poster said:

"I am selling only 2 more lots. I have sold 3 and you may contact them as a reference. All are american citizens."

Sounds like a good source of information.

I'm wondering how far the closest road is to the lots for sale and how long the new road to the lots will be.

Anybody have approximate lat/long coordinates?

DawnPatrol - 3-25-2016 at 10:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Cristian, welcome to NoMania 101. My first post here was trying to sell a simple one meter satellite dish, and was subsequently crucified. It's an initiation rite into the realm of curmudgeons and crawlers who want to put you in your place. You'll do better advertising elsewhere..... it ain't the 'establishment' who is whacking you. Your property and endeavors are your own business, the 'let the buyer beware' standard applies especially to Baja as everyone on these boards know. I'm sure you have met more than just a few ex-pats who have nothing better to do than throw rocks at 'newbies' because they represent everything the Old Tymers did themselves and hate the fact they can't any more. They started this 'gold rush' for land, privacy, and of course, profit. I personally call it the "Last Pioneer" syndrome; they all want to be the last in, and slam the door behind them. You unfortunately are a threat.

I wish you well in your endeavors, and wish I were younger so I could jump into south bay of Bahia LA. Great place; had an opportunity 15 years ago to buy a place in Gecko camp; passed it up. TOO LATE.

Buena Suerte.

Now that, my friend, is a good post
Alan from San Diego

larryC - 3-25-2016 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
The original poster said:

"I am selling only 2 more lots. I have sold 3 and you may contact them as a reference. All are american citizens."

Sounds like a good source of information.

I'm wondering how far the closest road is to the lots for sale and how long the new road to the lots will be.

Anybody have approximate lat/long coordinates?

Here is the lat lon---28 53,33.16 and 113 22,49.04 mas o menos. The nearest road in there is the road to the Las Animas fish camp. There has been talk about sergio Pacanin ( the guy with the 85' yacht in Bahia) grading a road out through don Juan cove and now Cristian says there will be a continuation of the animas road. There seems to be a surveyed road on his plot, which is necessary for the land to be sold as a fidecomiso, all fide lands must abutt a road.

4x4abc - 3-25-2016 at 11:57 AM

I have driven to that beach many many years ago
first along the beach, then over hills and through valleys
it was challenging

easy work for a Cat

larryC - 3-25-2016 at 12:06 PM

what were you driving, or riding? You are the first that I know of to make it in there.

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 12:24 PM

cough cough, Pacific side? Cold/brown water?
I am very familiar with these two lots in Mulegue, no thank you.

Actually these guys seem to be right that nobody on here actually buys, they would just rather snipe and henpeck. It's worth a shot because your property looks really nice and I know what my two offerings should be worth...but they are worth what somebody will pay for them and that is the way of the market.

Good luck.

[/rquote]

DENNIS - 3-25-2016 at 12:26 PM

Your "escritura" would be about as binding as one from an ejido.
Is this ejido land you're shamelessly pimping?

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 12:26 PM

yes? Some old timers said it was possible but never met anyone who has. 2 years ago there was dirt bike tracks but i thought they boated in.

DENNIS - 3-25-2016 at 12:49 PM

Christian 75A........I question at this point what and how you think you own anything? Regardless of the senseless support here in your effort, I'm willing to stand alone and say you have been caught up in the unprotected dream, made a bad investment, and are trying to salvage your mistake. That would be my most generous assessment.
My secondary view is that you may be trying to sell Ejido land, presenting it to what you feel is a naïve market.
Even, in the event you have legitimacy of any degree [which I doubt you do], you are working with a sales presentation right out of the 60s....as well as relying on the customer comfort of US style land investment protections.
Your mention of the Notario as a legitimizing entity is a case in point. They don't protect anything but the contract grammar.
And...learn how to spell Mulege. It'll go a long way in your Baja Afficionado profile.

dtbushpilot - 3-25-2016 at 01:12 PM

cough cough, Pacific side? Cold/brown water?
I am very familiar with these two lots in Mulegue, no thank you.

Actually these guys seem to be right that nobody on here actually buys, they would just rather snipe and henpeck. It's worth a shot because your property looks really nice and I know what my two offerings should be worth...but they are worth what somebody will pay for them and that is the way of the market.

Good luck.

[/rquote]

Your lots may not sell here but you sound like our kind of guy, throw out a little sarcasm and a few insults and you will be one of us. Welcome to Nomads....

monoloco - 3-25-2016 at 02:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
I only get maybe 10-12 days a year on the water when I'm in Camp Gecko and I make sure to spend some of it in these bays. We often anchor up around noon, swim and eat lunch. One of my favorite places on the planet.

I have a few questions:

1. What is an escritura? If it is a contract to sell as you state, what are the conditions that must be met in order for you transfer title?

2. When you say, "no one has a legal subdivision in the area", what does that mean? It must be subdivided to a certain extent or how did you and your neighbors get ownership? Do you actually own the land and pay the taxes on it?

I am more than willing to get answers to these questions via U2U if you don't want them to be public.

Thanks

An escritura is a land title.

Udo - 3-25-2016 at 02:28 PM

:(

DENNIS - 3-25-2016 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

I have a few questions:

Thanks

An escritura is a land title.

It's a tentative land title. No more binding than a promise written on a c-cktail napkin. I ain't new here.

[Edited on 3-25-2016 by DENNIS]

4x4abc - 3-25-2016 at 02:43 PM

what were you driving, or riding? You are the first that I know of to make it in there.

1965 FJ40

chuckie - 3-25-2016 at 02:43 PM

Dennis! Be careful or you will be viewed as a realist....

DENNIS - 3-25-2016 at 03:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Dennis! Be careful or you will be viewed as a realist....

Call me anything, Chuckie, except a libral. :lol:

rts551 - 3-25-2016 at 03:18 PM

good luck. But your insult to us blue/green pacific guys turned me off.

Tell me how wonderful it is in June, July and August.

[Edited on 3-25-2016 by rts551]

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 04:30 PM

most people, even here lease the land and build homes or put a trailer on it. a lease in mexico is only good for 9.9 years.
you would actually own the land since I have escritura ready for you. Escritura is Land Title.
Most don't have this , they will give you a contract of sale only. you would actually own it through a bank trust aka fidiecomisio, a bank holds the title in your name. this is done for non mexican citizens. but your name will still appear at the public registry in Ensenada, the municipal county. you will be owner 100%. just pay the sales tax at end of year.
I have a few questions:

Thanks

[/rquote]

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 04:41 PM

you may not own anything and leased some land, but I do own it.
I have seen many non-mexican nationals build beautiful homes on leased land which to me is foolish.
It is not Ejido land and properly documented.
Taxes are paid and I have Escritura ready for you, of course the payment isn't due until this is shown.
if that is all your notario has done for you I suggest you change notario. So since you probably fell for a 1960's sales ploy it explains your negativity. if you would like to see what a mexican land title looks like i will gladly email a copy to you.

Christian 75A........I question at this point what and how you think you own anything? Regardless of the senseless support here in your effort, I'm willing to stand alone and say you have been caught up in the unprotected dream, made a bad investment, and are trying to salvage your mistake. That would be my most generous assessment.
My secondary view is that you may be trying to sell Ejido land, presenting it to what you feel is a naïve market.
Even, in the event you have legitimacy of any degree [which I doubt you do], you are working with a sales presentation right out of the 60s....as well as relying on the customer comfort of US style land investment protections.
Your mention of the Notario as a legitimizing entity is a case in point. They don't protect anything but the contract grammar.
And...learn how to spell Mulege. It'll go a long way in your Baja Afficionado profile.
[/rquote]

Terry28 - 3-25-2016 at 04:50 PM

First Welcome to the snake pit....Now, that is a beautiful piece of property. I wish you well....Ignore the old foggies here that like to pick things apart...Most could not find Baja on a map...Others are just tire kickers....Hopefully not all are...This board is full of "experts"
That would be a great long term investment. Don't get discouraged from some of the responses you have gotten...Not all of us are rude idiots...

willardguy - 3-25-2016 at 04:56 PM

what property?....im still stuck on that FJ40! :bounce:

bajabuddha - 3-25-2016 at 05:01 PM

My favorite was "how to spell Mulege".......

I believe, it's Mulegé (alt - 130 for the 'é') NOT to be a nit-picking Liberal... :lol:

David K - 3-25-2016 at 05:06 PM

You guys! :lol:

Welcome, cristian75a! :cool:

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

I'm not concerned about you Pacific guys, unfortunately you guys are stuck with the purchase/lease.
I think it should be a rule to see both sides before buying.

you forgot the other months that are wonderful too

SFandH - 3-25-2016 at 05:15 PM

This is only boat accesible until 2018, the(dirt but leveled) road will come in from the south but it still will require a 4x4

cristian,

So even after the road is in you'll need a 4x4 to get to your property? Why?

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 05:17 PM

yes, i see that the rude people here actually don't own anything and are jealous

4x4abc - 3-25-2016 at 05:18 PM

mericans are notorably bad with any Spanish name or title. What you all call fedeicomiso here is is in reality: Escritura de fideicomiso
http://www.investorguide.com/definicion/escritura-de-fideico...

4x4abc - 3-25-2016 at 05:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

This is only boat accesible until 2018, the(dirt but leveled) road will come in from the south but it still will require a 4x4

cristian,

because the road from BdlA to Las Animas is not really a passenger car road. However, I have seen folks drive their Hondas in there. Saw a 1960's Mercedes sedan past the fish camp one year at the beach. They thought the road was easy.

What Christian is saying is that a bulldozed track into the beach will be just that - a bulldozed track. And after a few rains it might become quite rough.

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 05:30 PM

just my opinion, yeah i have seen cars there at las animas, and you never know how well they will open it up. i rarely go to las animas, but i never go to baja in a car. I did that twice and kinda regreted it.

cristian,

[/rquote]

because the road from BdlA to Las Animas is not really a passenger car road. However, I have seen folks drive their Hondas in there. Saw a 1960's Mercedes sedan past the fish camp one year at the beach. They thought the road was easy.

What Christian is saying is that a bulldozed track into the beach will be just that - a bulldozed track. And after a few rains it might become quite rough.[/rquote]

David K - 3-25-2016 at 05:46 PM

just my opinion, yeah i have seen cars there at las animas, and you never know how well they will open it up. i rarely go to las animas, but i never go to baja in a car. I did that twice and kinda regreted it.

cristian,

[/rquote]

What Christian is saying is that a bulldozed track into the beach will be just that - a bulldozed track. And after a few rains it might become quite rough.[/rquote]

Cristian, how the quote thing works is to click the quote button, next to the post you want to quote, and then make sure to reply AFTER the final [ /quote] tag, so your reply is separate or outside from the quote box.
:light:

rts551 - 3-25-2016 at 06:39 PM

I'm not concerned about you Pacific guys, unfortunately you guys are stuck with the purchase/lease.

Stuck with our purchase. No more stuck than any one else with a purchase...unless of course you now have a lifetime buy back guarantee as well....:lol: 12 months of good weather and good fishing suits me just fine. People from your area come over to the Pacific coast to survive. Insults don't help you sell whats so ever....But I am happy where I am at any way.

dtbushpilot - 3-25-2016 at 07:07 PM

cristian is sounding a bit like Mano negra :lol::lol:

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 07:34 PM

I don't enjoy 50 degree water, fishing is one of the best in Bahia , if not the best in all of baja. I enjoy scuba, and snorkeling , being a beach bum. Pacific is not my thing or anyone I have met once they know the sea of cortez.

Stuck with our purchase. No more stuck than any one else with a purchase...unless of course you now have a lifetime buy back guarantee as well....:lol: 12 months of good weather and good fishing suits me just fine. People from your area come over to the Pacific coast to survive. Insults don't help you sell whats so ever....But I am happy where I am at any way.

woody with a view - 3-25-2016 at 07:40 PM

we all know how much the Pac-side sucks.....

Bahia is a totally different animal!

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by woody with a view]

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by BajaNomad]

mtgoat666 - 3-25-2016 at 08:35 PM

I don't enjoy 50 degree water, fishing is one of the best in Bahia , if not the best in all of baja. I enjoy scuba, and snorkeling , being a beach bum. Pacific is not my thing or anyone I have met once they know the sea of cortez.

The SOC side is hellish inferno 5 months of the year! I like living and playing where AC is not required. SOC side ok to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Re that lot, it's a pretty beach, but won't be after the road comes and people build every square inch, cramming in houses along the shore to their little boxes on their little lots.
Once houses come, las animas won't be able to continue the Eco tour vibe, and they'll have to build a hotel, there will be power lines, there will be annoying people on quads and jet skis, and crime and meth heads will come too -- Good bye solitude, hello san Felipe.

Anywho, the best thing to save that pretty beach is for the road to never come. :light::light:

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by mtgoat666]

4x4abc - 3-25-2016 at 08:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Anywho, the best thing to save that pretty beach is for the road to never come. :light::light:

could not agree more

I am an old school environmentalist - the one who built last year.

cristian75a - 3-25-2016 at 09:59 PM

beach-front here with an ocean breeze is really nice even in the summer. just need shade.
Even when and if the road comes it will be very limited on the construction and permits. This is a very protected area, very limited. but i do have TOURIST USE TITLE, most and the rare who do have have title it is RUSTIC USE. No big hotels allowed.
for example, in town there is a housing development in the works, about 200 lots. at $50 dollars a square meter, not beach front. They cannot get the permits to develop, and many doubt they will even though they are backed with a lot of $$. They wont give them 3 permits to do, one being an environmental impact study, another is water. They will have to have a desalination plant, is my guess.
I do get people for and against the road, of course the little lodge is going to hate it, but hey, my lots are for sale.

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The SOC side is hellish inferno 5 months of the year! I like living and playing where AC is not required. SOC side ok to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Re that lot, it's a pretty beach, but won't be after the road comes and people build every square inch, cramming in houses along the shore to their little boxes on their little lots.
Once houses come, las animas won't be able to continue the Eco tour vibe, and they'll have to build a hotel, there will be power lines, there will be annoying people on quads and jet skis, and crime and meth heads will come too -- Good bye solitude, hello san Felipe.

BigBearRider - 3-25-2016 at 11:40 PM

SOC or Pacific side, which has been scientifically proven to be better? I'm pretty sure it depends on your tastes.

I personally prefer the SOC side 9 months out of the year, and the Pacific side the rest. But, there are many months that are really good on the Pacific side, where it's a close call. SOC can be unbearably hot in July, August and September, but that's what AC, outdoor showers and the sea is for.

The lots look beautiful. I hope it becomes a great deal for someone. Good luck to the seller.

As for development, I think it will take many, many years before it becomes a real concern. Look at the rest of Baja. There are so many open spaces.

DENNIS - 3-26-2016 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
mericans are notorably bad with any Spanish name or title. What you all call fedeicomiso here is is in reality: Escritura de fideicomiso
http://www.investorguide.com/definicion/escritura-de-fideico...

Trust deed

It involves a borrower commending a title to a Lender. If the borrower does not repay the loan, the lender can sell the public title. Relationship in which a real estate trust gives the Trustee authority to Mortgaging, fractionate or sell real estate. How you use these powers the trustee will depend on the Beneficiary stipulated the trust. A deed of trust is also a term loan which states that if a borrower defaults, the lender can make foreclose on the property.

rts551 - 3-26-2016 at 08:26 AM

50 degree water....I hope your ignorance of the water temps in the pacific area of Baja Sur does not extend to your knowledge of land use in Baja Sur. Buyer beware. Yes snorkeling is good on the gulf side. no waves.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=mg

[

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by rts551]

David K - 3-26-2016 at 08:38 AM

Who goes south to get cold?
Heat is the attraction... warm water in the sea and warm to hot days to relax and have some tasty, cold Pacifico, XX, Tecate, whatever!

Late May to Late October is our favorite months for the Sea of Cortez side of Baja... Yes the HOT zone! Cold is painful, restrictive, not fun. Heck, surfers in the Pacific wear wetsuits, don't they? Well, no wetsuit is needed in the Gulf of California in the summer! Our best Baja vacations were in July... the beaches between San Felipe and Cabo San Lucas!

Sure, if the humidity is high with the heat (usually late July to early September) sleeping is not as comfortable, but that is all... Just jump into the sea and the humidity is erased! June, early July, and October are great. Just watch out for the occasional hurricane.

So, we all have different likes, and Baja is a land of different conditions. To cry about it being "hellish inferno" is quite an indicator that maybe Baja is not your best choice for a summer vacation. There are plenty of other places that may suit you better, Siberia perhaps?

cristian75a - 3-26-2016 at 09:17 AM

land use?

50 degree water....I hope your ignorance of the water temps in the pacific area of Baja Sur does not extend to your knowledge of land use in Baja Sur. Buyer beware. Yes snorkeling is good on the gulf side. no waves.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=mg

[

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by rts551]

cristian75a - 3-26-2016 at 09:22 AM

u2u

most people, even here lease the land and build homes or put a trailer on it. a lease in mexico is only good for 9.9 years.
you would actually own the land since I have escritura ready for you. Escritura is Land Title.
Most don't have this , they will give you a contract of sale only. you would actually own it through a bank trust aka fidiecomisio, a bank holds the title in your name. this is done for non mexican citizens. but your name will still appear at the public registry in Ensenada, the municipal county. you will be owner 100%. just pay the sales tax at end of year.
I have a few questions:

Thanks

[/rquote]

David K - 3-26-2016 at 09:29 AM

u2u is the Private Message system here on Nomad. To communicate with others in private.

The U2U button is along the bottom of a post or reply, click on it and send a message to that Nomad.

When you get a U2U, an alert will be in blue up at the top, right corner of your Nomad pages... Just click on it.

As with using Quote, make sure you are not adding text in the middle of another's text... go beyond the final tag... or as you have done, above the first one.

mtgoat666 - 3-26-2016 at 09:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Heat is the attraction...

Disagree. I dont go in summer. I like to hike and bike, and those activities are more enjoyable in moderate temperatures. Also, when camping i much prefer cool evenings. Summer desert heat sucks.

David K - 3-26-2016 at 09:49 AM

Even better, go to Anza-Borrego instead and use less gasoline to get to the trails! Save the Planet!! Save Baja!!!

:light::biggrin:

rts551 - 3-26-2016 at 10:11 AM

Heat is the attraction... warm water in the sea and warm to hot days to relax and have some tasty, cold Pacifico, XX, Tecate, whatever!

Late May to Late October is our favorite months for the Sea of Cortez side of Baja... Yes the HOT zone! Cold is painful, restrictive, not fun. Heck, surfers in the Pacific wear wetsuits, don't they? Well, no wetsuit is needed in the Gulf of California in the summer! Our best Baja vacations were in July... the beaches between San Felipe and Cabo San Lucas!

Sure, if the humidity is high with the heat (usually late July to early September) sleeping is not as comfortable, but that is all... Just jump into the sea and the humidity is erased! June, early July, and October are great. Just watch out for the occasional hurricane.

So, we all have different likes, and Baja is a land of different conditions. To cry about it being "hellish inferno" is quite an indicator that maybe Baja is not your best choice for a summer vacation. There are plenty of other places that may suit you better, Siberia perhaps?

David, Many of us like both sides. The Pacific area South of Asuncion seldom gets cold. Sometimes wetsuits are required, sometimes not. Water temps this summer were 86 degrees. Way better than the hot temps on the gulf. A little uncomfortable sleeping? This is why we have people coming to Campo Rene for the summer. I like visiting the gulf side in the winter and spring. wonderful vacations in La Paz or Bahia de Los Angeles. Variety in Baja is pretty nice.

David K - 3-26-2016 at 10:17 AM

Yes Ralph, the cold side of Baja folks have chimed in... I was just voicing the less heard minority voice that better supports the new Nomad here who actually created this thread.

It is so odd that in a classified ads forum, people who have no interest in buying his land still must tarnish his offer by saying it is too hot there, for them??? Well, it's not "too hot" for a lot of people... just saying.

willardguy - 3-26-2016 at 10:20 AM

David, Many of us like both sides. The Pacific area South of Asuncion seldom gets cold. Sometimes wetsuits are required, sometimes not. Water temps this summer were 86 degrees. Way better than the hot temps on the gulf. A little uncomfortable sleeping? This is why we have people coming to Campo Rene for the summer. I like visiting the gulf side in the winter and spring. wonderful vacations in La Paz or Bahia de Los Angeles. Variety in Baja is pretty nice.

86 degrees! wow I had no idea the water got that warm! far as left coast vs right coast......tecate vs pacifico, all personal preference I suppose :yes:

rts551 - 3-26-2016 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

86 degrees! wow I had no idea the water got that warm! far as left coast vs right coast......tecate vs pacifico, all personal preference I suppose :yes:

Lots of Wahoo, tuna etc last year. El Nino brought extremely warm water in. It is not abnormal to have 80 degree water though. Currents from the south push the warm water North.