BajaNomad

Heads up HWY 5

brewer - 4-1-2016 at 08:22 AM

The section between El Vergel and Puertecitos has been hammered by the semana santa crowd. Very large potholes. Going down was not so bad, but coming back after holy week made a world of a difference.

rts551 - 4-1-2016 at 08:46 AM

Thanks brewer. That is the section that also takes a beating if there have been any rains. Headed that way soon.

Howard - 4-1-2016 at 09:27 AM

Heading Northbound on that stretch Monday and will try and give a report. I will be in my camper and will try and keep telling myself "the bad road is worth it not having to go through S.Q. and Ensenada." I have a feeling I will have to repeat that many times but I have to try it just to see.

willardguy - 4-1-2016 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by brewer  
The section between El Vergel and Puertecitos has been hammered by the semana santa crowd. Very large potholes. Going down was not so bad, but coming back after holy week made a world of a difference.

hey brewer did you feel any of those earthquakes over there???

brewer - 4-1-2016 at 04:02 PM

No. I wish. But maybe I couldn't tell with the wind blowing so strong...

CortezBlue - 4-1-2016 at 04:41 PM

Pot Holes or Pot Heads

Howard - 4-1-2016 at 05:20 PM

I would rather encounter a pot head than a pot hole. :biggrin:

BajaWarrior - 4-2-2016 at 07:23 AM

Thanks Brewer, we're heading down in a couple of weeks.

bajaguy - 4-2-2016 at 07:26 AM

Not much difference :lol::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
I would rather encounter a pot head than a pot hole. :biggrin:

Howard - 4-2-2016 at 08:58 AM

Are you suggesting that pot heads are shallow, give an un-stable ride and need repair every couple of years? :biggrin:

bajabuddha - 4-2-2016 at 08:48 PM

Compared to potholes, there are only a very few potheads I've encountered I didn't like. Never had one break an axle or spring shackle yet. Biggest complaint; you have to remind 'em when it's their bet on poker night.