BajaNomad

Whale Magic in Ojo de Liebre...video from Feb.4th

shari - 4-13-2016 at 07:17 AM

Lots of people think that January and early February is too early to have physical contact with whales....but it can happen any time of the season. On Feb.4th nomads MICK, RenoJoe and some other old friends set out with me for some whale magic...and Oh the fun we had that day!

In this video, this particular mother and calf are very very friendly. The calf was about a month old and just learning the ropes about pangas. Mom taught him how to push the boat around and how to make the humans shriek by spouting in their faces!
Enjoy the fun with us...

shari - 4-13-2016 at 07:26 AM

so I am just getting warmed up as I begin my video making of this year's whale adventures....so go easy on me...hahahaha! What I noticed is that my GoPro camera footage is wobbly. I got a new stick this year that was a bit longer and it seems like it is not so stable. Hopefully my stick holding improves with time. I love the angle from high up so you see the whole whale. It's hard to concentrate on a camera when frolicking with playful whales! they sure arent great quality but I just put these little videos together as souvenir so my guests have something to remember their whale experience!

I began videoing whales as a tool to study whale behaviour and calf development and my goal is to someday produce a documentary on Gray Whales at Ojo de Liebre so I am saving my best footage for that!

Udo - 4-13-2016 at 08:31 AM

Hola Shari!

The video does not show up on my Nomad screen.I see your post, as well as the follow-up post.
I also do not see your avatar in the little window on the left.

Perhaps there is something wrong with my computer settings?
(I have not been able to see anyones videos, and I usually have to go to YOUTUBE to see whatever video gets posted here).

shari - 4-13-2016 at 08:44 AM

Hmmm...can any other of you Nomads see it? It is on facebook too Udo.

bajaguy - 4-13-2016 at 08:45 AM

I can see it. If he is using an Apple, he may have to adjust his settings

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Hmmm...can any other of you Nomads see it? It is on facebook too Udo.

Stickers - 4-13-2016 at 08:48 AM

I See the video just fine and am watching it on my iPhone.
Love it !!!

motoged - 4-13-2016 at 11:18 AM

Shari,
I can see it....just like being there.....thanks.

tripledigitken - 4-13-2016 at 11:37 AM

I can see the video, but your avatar photo isn't visable. (Samsung 6 phone)

BajaBill74 - 4-13-2016 at 12:21 PM

Same here. Video okay. No Avatar.

shari - 4-13-2016 at 12:31 PM

hmmmm seems like my avatar is on vacation

RenoJoe - 4-13-2016 at 09:51 PM

Nice Sheri, I have a blown up picture 14x20 of the mother looking straight at me hanging in my motorhome. See you soon.

Udo - 4-14-2016 at 06:50 AM

That's got to be a big motorhome!

Mexitron - 4-14-2016 at 07:13 AM

Nice video Shari, always a treat!

shari - 4-14-2016 at 07:53 AM

pretty cool Joe...it was amazing how all of you just happened to come together..again...at the same time at the lagoon...magical! Look forward to seeing the photo. I will send you the link to the vimeo video that is much nicer as it is higher definition.

Fatboy - 4-14-2016 at 10:52 AM

Awesome video! And to think you are holding out on us and keeping your 'good' video! :lol:

So is whale breath as bad as they say? Or does it depend on the species and/or time of year?

Thanks so much for sharing!

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
That's got to be a big motorhome!

Very Funny!

woody with a view - 4-14-2016 at 12:36 PM

Was out fishing off San Diego last summer when a Blue Whale surfaced and passed by about 75 feet away. My buddy and I looked at each other with a scowl like the other guy farted. Wasn't me we both said. It was heinous....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup - 4-14-2016 at 12:51 PM

Thanks .... way better than SeaWorld IMO :):)

MICK - 4-14-2016 at 01:57 PM

Hey, that's me and my people

shari - 4-14-2016 at 05:30 PM

that's right Mick...I will send you the Vimeo link to your email. The reason I post the youtube ones here is that they load much quicker. Anyone can go to my Vimeo channel and see the good quality ones...it is under whale magic tours.

Woody...YOU are heinous! There has been a blue whale hanging around here too as those little langostillas are everywhere.

shari - 4-14-2016 at 05:34 PM

Here is the trip from Feb.5th in case anyone wants to watch more whales today...

[Edited on 4-15-2016 by shari]

woody with a view - 4-14-2016 at 06:55 PM

KEWL!

Whale-ista - 4-16-2016 at 05:09 PM

Wonderful! Thank you for posting. I like the high perspective.